Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 169 total)
  • Cricket with SPOILERS
  • psychle
    Free Member

yep… doesn't seem to be much stomach in the Aussie camp to fight a prolonged (and possibly hopeless) battle. kinda fair enough I guess – we've been beaten here, let's move on to the next test (with an extra day off to recover and get ready 😉 )

I still think my £50 is safe from Lanesra (where is he anyway, would've expected a comment or two from him 😆 )

psychle
    Free Member

certainly scoring at a decent rate… almost one-dayer like in fact. not the batting of a team looking to occupy the crease for 2 days anyhow 😀

aracer
    Free Member

You watching the right game psychle (perfectly understandable if you're not)? Overall run rate is still well behind what England managed in their first innings, last 10 overs rate is well down on what Collingwood and Prior managed yesterday. Even England often manage to score faster than this in a one-dayer 😉

psychle
    Free Member

well… I did say 'almost' and anyway, 178 off 49 overs isn't too shabby (though admittedly a low-ish one day score 😆 ) and the last 10 overs did go for 50 runs after all (though I'm guessing this would be more down to the field Strauss is employing?)

not watching the game on Sky, am at work and reliant upon the cricinfo.com internet 'commentary', so no visuals for me 😀

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Credit to Clarke and Haddin for sitting tight

psychle
    Free Member

hmmmm… I shall remain tight lipped till tomorrow evening methinks… suffice to say, I take this back:

doesn't seem to be much stomach in the Aussie camp to fight a prolonged (and possibly hopeless) battle

now, let's see if I can't find a ticket somewhere (at a reasonable price!) for Day 5… 😀

psychle
    Free Member

Don't suppose anyone has one do they? Or knows of someone who does? 😀

bakey

Could be a belter tomorrow if the rain holds off.

Much as it pains me deeply, they have a chance now…this is real cricket, not that 20/20 stuff.

psychle
    Free Member

Indeed… this is the real deal! The one and only true form of the game, all the rest are mere trifles in the passage of time 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

+1

Test cricket is where it's REALLY at.

RichPenny
    Free Member

+2. Don't even really like 1 day cricket! The ebb and flow of a good five day match is unparalleled. The thing is because it's such a long format, you have to be a truly great team to dominate test cricket like the aussies have for the last 15 years and the windies before them.

We're going to have to break that partnership before lunch to win. Funny to think that 520 wouldn't be enough!!! Mind you, I also felt we should have enforced the follow on and was proved wrong on that one.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

+3 If it's drawn or lost, Strauss will get ripped to shreds.

Lanesra
    Free Member

I still think my £50 is safe from Lanesra (where is he anyway, would've expected a comment or two from him )

Been in Marrakech for a week.

Was looking good when I got of the plane, not so sure now. If Clarke and Haddin are still in at Lunch its going to be an arse twitching afternoon.

TBH I'd be gutted if you won, I can imagine that smug **** Ponting gloating already

psychle
    Free Member

If it's drawn or lost

One of these teams will win tomorrow, there's no chance of a draw in this one! The first session is going to be the decider… maybe even the first 15 overs or so… oh, how I love Test cricket!

trailmonkey

TBH I'd be gutted if you won, I can imagine that smug **** Ponting gloating already

😯 Too much to even contemplate 😯

Lanesra
    Free Member

Too much to even contemplate

TBH, Psychle's will probably be 10x worse

psychle
    Free Member

never…

aracer
    Free Member

One of these teams will win tomorrow, there's no chance of a draw in this one!

If they got a full day's play maybe. From the weather forecast I've seen, I'd suggest a draw is still actually just as likely as an Aussie win – if not more so (and looking very good value at 20/1 compared to 7/2 for an Aussie win – England are still 11/4 on to win, though they were at one point 33/1 on).

psychle
    Free Member

BBC has the weather as being 'sunny intervals'? So no showers forecast really?

Lanesra
    Free Member

There will be a winner and either me or Psychle will be one step closer to £50

psychle
    Free Member

either me or Psychle will be one step closer to £50

😉

I think I've found me a ticket for tomorrow… fingers crossed 😀 Not too much over the face value either thankfully 🙄

aracer
    Free Member

So no showers forecast really?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/8?&search=london&itemsPerPage=10&region=uk
    (and as that will probably have changed by the time people read this, it currently shows showers at both 13:00 and 16:00, and a big band of rain on the map view at 12:00)

RichPenny
    Free Member

Good work psychle, should be a great days ( well hopefully just a session 🙂 ) play…

psychle
    Free Member

didn't get a ticket unfortunately 🙁 Ah well, still taken a 'mental health day' (as we call it in Oz 😀 ) and I have 4 bottles of London Pride in the fridge, so shall have a nice day watching it on Sky. Here's to a good days play 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

Cheers to you sir, may the best cheats win 😉

theotherjonv

First half hour will be crucial. We need to split this pair, and ideally another wicket as well (getting both would be ideal but let's not get greedy). If we don't then confidence will grow and just as crucially, we'll then start having to worry about the score.

With fresh legs and a nearly new ball, England are still strong strong favourites. Will someone please inform my arse though, it's already knitting buttons and there's still half an hour before the start!

psychle
    Free Member

England certainly have the upper hand… but they have to be feeling just a little nervous at this point (as do the Aussies now that Clarke and Haddin have given us a chance). First 10 overs may tell the tale of the day… fingers crossed it's a bit different to yesterday (surely cricket karma has to balance out for us a bit 😉 )

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

My dear old things! Good morning.

Nice and sunny in that London's famous London, bit of a breeze and some cloud. Could be good for a bit of movement.

AndyP
    Free Member

either way, it's going to be a cracking day. If the Aussies get this, hats off to them. I almost want them to…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

AndyP has been banned from the forum and apologises for his absence from here on.

AndyP
    Free Member

whaaaaat?

1) We'll do them in the next 3 tests anyway.
    2) It'd be phenomenal watching
    3) OK perhaps I should re-word it. I want them to almost win, rather than I almost want them to win. Then Punter's face will be even funnier. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I want them to almost win, rather than I almost want them to win

Ban lifted. Welcome back to the forum, Andy!

😉

psychle
    Free Member

heart racing a little bit here… great start to the day, it's going to be a nervous day I think (for all parties 😀 )

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohhhh, it's a big day..

psychle
    Free Member

bugger…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

🙂

Pook

woohoo

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

IN!

Lanesra
    Free Member

And relax 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

they have to defends now surely

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 169 total)

The topic ‘Cricket with SPOILERS’ is closed to new replies.