Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • in the Guardian
  • DrJ

You couldn’t, by your own admission, think of anything positive that Britain was a “World leader in”.

So I gave you an example.

Aah – ok. You win. I had imagined that it was understood that we meant “anything significant” but I see I was wrong. Silly me. So. Let me supplement your example with women’s badminton. Woo! Hoo! A bright future awaits!!

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Gentlemen, leave it, or take it out into the car park 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

Don’t forget seaside rock! I can feel the gloom lifting now.

sbob
    Free Member

DrJ – Member

Aah – ok. You win. I had imagined that it was understood that we meant “anything significant”

I wouldn’t describe our engineering achievements as insignificant. 🙂

It is a with a wry smile that I note that the both of you are posting here very much making use of our engineering achievements, which I have personally had a hand in. 8)

Still, if you wish to shun such achievements you could always instead put pen to paper, perhaps using the inventions of our Hungarian counterparts, should you be so keen to belittle the achievements of our womenfolk without relying on the technology that we have developed. 💡

DrJ

It is cool watching bits you’ve made whizz past the chequered flag though.

you are posting here very much making use of our engineering achievements, which I have personally had a hand in

It’s humbling to be in the presence of such greatness.

sbob earlier today

sbob
    Free Member

It’s humbling to be in the presence of such greatness.

If I have seen further it is only because I have stood on the shoulders of giants. 🙂

Just think that every time you use a mobile device, I’ve played a small part in enabling its function.
    I’m sure you’ll find that comforting.
    Thinking of sbob.
    Every Strava run.
    Every route planned.
    Every post written.
    Thinking of sbob.
    😆

dannyh
    Free Member

Just think that every time you use a mobile device, I’ve played a small part in enabling its function.
    I’m sure you’ll find that comforting.
    Thinking of sbob.
    Every Strava run.
    Every route planned.
    Every post written.
    Thinking of sbob.

Nah. Thanks and everything but, err, nah.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘in the Guardian’ is closed to new replies.