Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • crest rims?
  • jonnyrockymountain

How strong are these i weigh approx 75kg and normally ride mavic 719 rim’s,which i find just right (had 717’s before and i found them not quite stong enough for my riding) so will crest’s be as strong as 719’s or should i go up to arch rim’s?

Tom83

I’m about the same weight, and haven’t managed to damage mine yet, despite my best efforts with my dodgy landings!

jonnyrockymountain

I’m just like you (dodgy landings)
    That’s why I’m asking about strenght

sam_underhill

Mid 70kgs here (although I was around 80kgs+ kit when I bought them). No probs with strength (again plenty of talentless landings). Mine are still running true without touching them for a couple of years. I’d buy them again for sure.

br
    Free Member

I weigh more and run them on a 140mm HT, never had a problem.

Stoner
    Free Member

I will let you know – I am literally building* two wheels on Crests now at my desk. I weigh 90Kg+, but stay rubber side down all the time on rigid forks.

* lacing this wheel for the 5th and finally successful time. Tried doing it the last few nights and have found that trying to watch TV, after a few bevvies and lace a wheel 3x just doesnt work 😳
    Radio 6 and coffee is a better environment for not making a pig’s ear of it…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m heavy & only bent my rear one after an instant snakebite while I was going quick over rocks.

Jeffus
    Free Member

90kg riding mine for 3 months 29er no problems like to pop off stuff not to high but fun size. 😀

jonnyrockymountain

Cheers guy’s

dan45a
    Free Member

I only weigh 70kg and mine have been ok for the last 12 months but have started to notice a few dings of late.

They are light but I’m planning on getting a stronger wheelset for the trail/enduro riding.

My biggest complaint with them is I cant get them to hold up on tubeless after a few hard runs. I ran UST rims for 2 years previous and never had a single issue.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘crest rims?’ is closed to new replies.