Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Crest mk3 as rear rim on full susser
  • bluemoon1981
    Free Member

Hi,
    Bit of advice, I’ve built a front wheel up using a crest mk3 rim with Hope boost hub & Sapim dlight spokes for my tallboy 3 and it’s been sweet for over 3 months now thinking of doing the same for the rear only thing is most of my riding is on cliff paths so a few rock gardens and a few steps and just wondered if it will take that type of riding. I only weigh 64kg so well within there weight limit and not mega aggressive plus like to do a few Xc races so you guys reckon it should be ok?
    Thanks

pictonroad

Pair of crests in my Ibis Mojo, had no trouble with them at all, been a great compromise for trips to Wales and 12hr XC races.

I’m 73kg.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m 100kg, and have stans rapides* on my HT. Never had an issue with them.

*mk1 crests with eyelets.

zilog6128

Crests on my Trigger 29er, 80kg, done Wales/Alps no problem at all

rossburton
    Free Member

I’m probably almost 100kg when I’m fully laden with water etc, and the mk2 Crests on my susser are still true after several years.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’ve had them on previous bikes, did more than XC racing too, only ever killed a front one by hitting a big ass rock

tallboy1381
    Free Member

Thanks guys helped me make my mind up!

jonnyboi

Crest mk3s on my hard tail to replace a set of cross rides I trashed. They are holding up superbly

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Crests on the 29er commuter/tourer. I’m 100kg clothed and usually have beer/shopping on the back. Water and a big heavy lock too. Never really tested them out properly fully loaded but they’re still true.

tallboy1381
    Free Member

What tyres you running on the rear? I’ve got a minion ss and wonder if to wide?

tallboy1381
    Free Member

What tyres you running on the rear? I’ve got a minion ss and wonder if to wide?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Crest mk3 as rear rim on full susser’ is closed to new replies.