Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • CremeEggGate
  • TurnerGuy
    Free Member

https://www.change.org/p/kraft-change-back-the-shell-of-the-cadbury-creme-egg-to-dairy-milk

I have just complained to their facebook page – that should sort it…

Cougar

Christ, it must be bad if you’re using a Twirl to improve the taste.

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Me and the mrs went on holiday to Egypt end of last year. In a supermarket we saw loads of Cadburys chocolate bars, all in english and costing about £0.30 a bar. Big bars of fruit and nut for £0.50.

We got a couple of bars and had a bit each, it tasted funny so we checked the date thinking it would be 20 years old. All well in date but then we spotted the Kraft sign. Tried the other bar and then binned them both. Tasted like old chocolate that had turned white.

Think they may regret the use of Kraft when sales are hit.

It’s more because the recipe of chocolate has to be different depending on the temp of the country it’s intended to be sold in. Chocolate is generally designed to melt at body temperature, but in hotter climates they have to adjust the recipe to prevent constant melting.

As diary milk uses lots of vegetable fat, and then hides that taste with milk solids rather than using cocoa butter in the first place, the the chocolate ratio drops in further making it taste even worse than in the UK, but it does stay a bit more solid.

I suspect what you were eating was not actually made in a cadburys factory, but was a US import to Egypt, which is made under licence in a Hershey factory so is also adjusted to the US market tastes as well.

Junkyard
    Free Member

because it doesn’t have the right ratios for your precious pallette doesn’t make a difference

Wow chocolate based insults 😯

Walks way from the thread as i really cannot get this animated

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I don’t care what anyone says, I now want a Creme Egg 😀

silverpigeon
    Free Member

The terminal decline of British confectionary products started when KitKat stopped using that silver foil wrapping that you could make little animals out of.

They’ll be renaming Opal Fruits next

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Easter should be fun when all the eggs will be krafty cheapo mix.

I’m going on a hunt for some old eggs.. must be time to go long on creme eggs v1

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Easter should be fun when all the eggs will be krafty cheapo mix.

it might help with this country’s obesity problem…

molgrips
    Free Member

was brought to you by the same discerning palate that brought you
    – Being prepared to pay for airport food is a great way to kill time and enjoy it. I actually look forward to it at some terminals.

You know what – sod it.

I cannot imagine what a miserable place the mind must be of someone who publicly pours scorn on someone else’s taste in confectionery.

Thank **** there isn’t really a taste police so you can’t be head of it.

Moe

American chocolate is often different to the comparable UK version, Kitkats are not as nice but Twix I quite like. Love their MilkyWay (similar to our Mars bar).

Suggsey
    Free Member

Well as an ex chocoholic I tried one of the new crime eggs today!
    The size appears smaller, the ‘chocolate’ shell is thinner, there is no two ways about it, it’s not as nice! The chocolate definitely isn’t cadburys milk chocolate anymore, it’s not as sweet overall if you pop it in whole, my preferred demolition method.
    Wife agrees with all the above without my prompting when she tried hers.
    The third from the three for a quid purchase I tried again a few minutes ago in case I was just being snobbish and my opinions unchanged, the chocolate rounfd the outside is thinner and not as sweet and milky and I for one will not be purchasing any more!
    Not that they’ll miss my purchasing power 😆

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘CremeEggGate’ is closed to new replies.