Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cree solarstorm x2 and Ultrafire Cree XML-T6
  • rooney
    Free Member

Bought both these recently first use last night. The ultra fire was excellent and very bright the solarstorm didn’t seem as powerful or bright even though it’s supposed to offer more lumens.

Anyone else experience of this?

Thinking I’ll buy another ultra fire for the bike so one on head too.

Before I do a run down test anyone offer how long they last ?

Cheers

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

It’s been a good five or so years since I’ve used torches from China for my bike lights, so things may have changed.

Initially they’d work fine, but soon they’d all develop faults. I remember they used to cycle through the modes if I hit a bump in the road, or the brightness would just disappear.

I guess you could use one on your helmet, but I’d recommend a proper bike light for the bars. I’ve just bought a Smart 700L thing off ebay for £30, looks like it could be a winner for the price.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131585214804?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

nickjb
    Free Member

My Solarstorm is 2 years old now. Still going strong. There are a few fakes out there now. Not sure if they are any worse than the original though. The battery is the week link but that us easily upgraded if you get a duff one.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I used one of these flash lights for the tail end of last winter, after my main light broke. http://www.olightworld.co.uk/olight-s20-baton.html

Different kettle of fish to the cheaper lights; never cut out, nice and bright, no unnecessary modes, plus dead small so it mounts well on the bars. Think I got it for about £35 from somewhere off ebay.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

There’s lots of fake SSX2 out there – in fact it is hard to find an original one.

It’s only about 1000 lumens anyway, all those chinese lumen quotes are rubbish.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cree solarstorm x2 and Ultrafire Cree XML-T6’ is closed to new replies.