Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cree commuting lights …
  • hardtailonly

Looking for a cheap but bright Cree torch to use as a commuting light. Urban plus unlit cycle paths, so bright enough to see by, but doesn’t have to be full-on MTB 2 hour off-road bright.

Don’t want separate battery pack, so a torch, ideally with just one 18630 (?) battery.

Also a mount that will suit.

Links from UK seller / distributer please … I know there’s lots on eBay etc but don’t know what’s recommended and what mounts will fit …

nickjb
    Free Member

They are generally too bright and have a poorly shaped beam pattern for use on busy cycle paths. There’s a stream of them my local cycle path and it’s very annoying. Get a proper cycle light if you can or get a little cycle light and the Cree torch for use when there is no one around, ie like a main beam in a car.

redthunder
    Free Member

Any old cree torch will do.

I use a 3 cree thing from Aldi and a strip of old inner tube to hold it on.

Works a treat 🙂

joebristol

I’ve got one of these – using it with a different mount on a helmet off-road with another bigger light on the bars and it’s great. Nicely machined torch with USB charging and several brightness settings. The bar mount that cane with mine was ok but it did vibrate a bit. U.K. Distributor with a good reputation – Torchy.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F122844522247

If you look on his eBay shop there are another 4 or so options where they are all in one torch units with different capacity batteries / more lumens. The one I’ve copied above is £20 but you can go up to £40 – online feedback suggest the fluxient lights are pretty good.

P20

I’ve been really happy with my Nitenumen. I bought it from eBay, but they are also available from Amazon.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cree commuting lights …’ is closed to new replies.