Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Credit Card Application – Salary Sacrifice?
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Going to get a travel credit card i.e. one that doesn’t charge anything when used overseas.

Need to say what my annual income is before tax. I have a salary sacrifice setup for childcare vouchers.

Do I include the full amount, or what I have after the salary sacrifice comes off???

My P60 seems to give my salary as the amount minus the salary sacrifice – although it isn’t clear (because I get various bonuses and additional pay for working at sea).

Flaperon

Just do what the rest of the world does and take a guess + 10%.

rene59
    Free Member

what you have after the salary sacrifice comes off

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Put your full salary down. That’s your salary!

A CC company won’t do an affordability assessment like a mortgage company would.
    You wouldn’t knock off your pension contributions from your salary for a CC application (a type of Salary sacrifice) so why do it with child care vouchers?

ourmaninthenorth

I did one the other day – just put my gross salary incl. bonus. Went through fine.

Agree that lending criteria must be lax though they did click I already have an unused card with them, so adjusted the credit limit accordingly.

In fact it’s ridiculous: I have 10s of thousands of unused credit and, short of a mega emergency, I’ll barely use any of it.

No wonder the world’s going to hell in a consumer credit fuelled handbasket….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Credit Card Application – Salary Sacrifice?’ is closed to new replies.