Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Credit card and eBay charges banned
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Just need to blame Trump & the Torys & we will have a full house of whingers bingo.

I just need ‘snowflake’ to win apologist bingo, if that helps you.

johnners
    Free Member

I was quite happy to pay the extra as the credit card company takes responsibility if something goes wrong – eg, holiday company goes bust.

It’s like an insurance premium.

If that’s what you’re after just pay a fiver on the credit card and the rest by whatever means suits you. Remarkably, Section 75 protection still applies to the entire amount.

I just need ‘snowflake’ to win apologist bingo, if that helps you.

You must be using an old card, I’m waiting for ‘bed-wetter’ and ‘hand-wringer’ as well.

DezB
    Free Member

you wont now be able to ask the buyer to cover the fees?

How is this anything to do with PayPal fees?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

You must be using an old card, I’m waiting for ‘bed-wetter’ and ‘hand-wringer’ as well.

😆

I think I just got lucky! Haven’t even got ‘libtard’ on mine.

STATO
    Free Member

DezB – Member

How is this anything to do with PayPal fees? Thats what i was asking his question wasnt clear. I guess he could have been asking will paypal still be able to charge you fees to accept payment by paypal, but thats obviously a yes as you are receiving money not paying it, so the new ruling doesnt apply to that.

DezB
    Free Member

Here’s a link to the full EU Directive.
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32015L2366&from=EN

It’s pretty heavy going. I’ve managed to find out that there’s more to the directive than just stopping CC Surcharges – including new regs on “payment initiation services” (my assumption is Paypal is one of these), but unable to find any reference to their transaction fees.

benpinnick

Can’t quite see how this legislation helps anyone? All that will happen is prices go up…. everyone loses. I thought we were supposed to be worried about inflation!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The aim will be to have transparent pricing ie the price you see is the price you pay.

DezB – Member

The STW favourite – list a price and list your payment options.

john_l
    Free Member

I must admit to finding it a bit odd that some businesses seem to think that they shouldn’t have to pay the credit card companies for processing their transactions for them. Do they expect the post office to deliver their parcels foc too?

convert

I must admit to finding it a bit odd that some businesses seem to think that they shouldn’t have to pay the credit card companies for processing their transactions for them. Do they expect the post office to deliver their parcels foc too?

I think it was more that the businesses did not feel like they should have to pay the arrangement fee for the consumer to effectively get a loan to buy their product.

DezB
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member

See how you like it 😛

mikewsmith
    Free Member

apologies, you were quoted in there somehow

john_l
    Free Member

I think it was more that the businesses did not feel like they should have to pay the arrangement fee for the consumer to effectively get a loan to buy their product.

Most card transactions in the UK are debit.

zippykona

When we tried to buy a car with cash pound notes they wanted to charge us a supplement.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Credit card and eBay charges banned’ is closed to new replies.