Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Credit Card Advice – Best deals?
  • robbo1234biking

Starting a new job where I get my fuel paid for – I can have a fuel card or I can pay myself and then claim back through expenses. The way I figure it is i get a credit card that gives money back or vouchers then I might as well do it that way – so what good deals are there at the moment?

simon_g

I put that (plus work expenses and the rest of my everyday spending) on an Egg Money mastercard – 1% cashback for up to £20k of spending per year. I pay it off in full each month so don't pay any interest, and it's an easy £200pa.

They have some neat cover for purchases along the line of what Barclaycard used to do too – extended warranties, purchase protection and missed event cover.

tracknicko
    Free Member

exactly as simon g. very happy with mine.

robbo1234biking

http://new.egg.com/visitor/0,,3_78868–View_1636,00.html

This is the one I take it?

uplink
    Free Member

Egg Money for me too – works a treat

yoshimi

Amex 5% cashback for first three months then upto 1.25% after depending on spend

tracknicko
    Free Member

struggled to find anywhere that wouldnt charge or accepted the use of amex when i was weighing them up.

great to get 5% cashback, but easyjet (for example… charge something nuts like £10 to use amex!)

tracknicko
    Free Member

apparently it costs £1 a mointh now to have our egg card which is a bit gash!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/cashback-credit-cards

try that link for more advice.

simon_g

That's the one, although I see they're doing a £1/month fee now – I don't have that but I have had mine a while. As long as you're spending more than £1200 a year then it's covered by your cashback though.

steveh

I've got the Amex card, it really depends where you plan to use it. If it's purely for fuel then all the big chains take amex so you won't have any problems. I've got the amex card and currently (but soon to change as the offer is ending) a Shell Mastercard.

When i took it out the advice on mse was based on how much you spend on the card per year. I think it was £7.5k as the borderline between the egg card and the amex.

ElVino

Nat West Card gives cash back in Amazon Vouchers or use a Tesco Card to purchase tesco fuel and clock up clubcard points.

yoshimi

Yep I know lots of places dont take Amex, but all the major supermarkets, stores do and you can pay for things over paypal using it.

But I also have a Barclay card as a backup which pays 1% cashback on everything upto £2k for such occasions:)

Egg card depends on whether the £1 flat fee would set it back againts a Barclaycard

DT78
    Free Member

I have a 1% cashback capital one card. Upto £143 reward so far. More money than I've earned in interest on my ISAs….

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

1% cashback card with Halifax Mastercard.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Credit Card Advice – Best deals?’ is closed to new replies.