Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Creation Watches – Are they legit?
  • lunge

About to click buy on a not insubstantial amount for a watch from the above retailer. Memory is that they’re often recommended on here, can someone confirm before I get stung?

sc-xc

I bought a watch for my son’s birthday. Late delivery, awful communications…and when you factor in the customs/DHL invoice it worked out no cheaper.

I’ll not buy from them again.

nickdavies

Are you thinking of creative watches in Birmingham? They’ve been recommended on here before. Not sure I’d touch creation watches – I doubt you’ll get a proper uk model watch and probably slapped for import charges too. Not all watch brands give a worldwide warranty. What are you after?

Edit: first Tissot on the list is a Le Locle auto at £391, rrp listed as £829. The actual uk price is £585. Add the vat and import duty to the creation price and your talking a 10% discount which you would get pretty easily for a uk retailed watch. Quick look at the other brands and a similar story. Can’t see anything where the saving would make the risk worthwhile IMO.

andybanks
    Free Member

I’ve bought a couple off there. Faultless each time and quick delivery.

jerrys
    Free Member

I’ve bought a watch off them recently. You have to add 20% tax and £12 handling charge to the on line prices though, so it’s worthwhile doing your homework first. I’m happy with the one I got but I bought a lower end model to test the water , so to speak. Might get another from there in the future if I can’t find a UK seller selling one for the same(ish) price. Mine came with a 2 year international guarantee.

jimdubleyou

In have bought a Seiko Pepsi from them before.

Legit watch/paperwork – no box though. IIRC they valued the “mechanical instrument” at less than the value on the customs declaration.

Yak

Yes, bought a couple from them. No problems and all legit with boxes etc. About a week for delivery iirc.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve had a watch off them in the past, no dramas.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve got a Seiko from them. Definitely legit and a lot cheaper (for that model) than buying in the UK. They even processed a warranty for me with no great hassles although postage was slow.

So yes, they are legit, and I would buy from them again if they had a significant discount. However the faff factor means that if the price difference was no too much I’d use a UK seller where possible.

ourmaninthenorth

I’ve bought my JDM Seikos from Seiya Japan. Faultless service, so if he carries what you’re after then that might be an option.

Creation is legit and has customers around the world – but never bought from there myself.

lunge

Thanks all. It is the Creation (the Singapore based online place) not Creative (Birmingham based, also good but don’t have what I want sadly).
    I’ve factored in the VAT and any charges and they’re still substantially cheaper than anywhere else for what I want. Time to get the credit card out. Lovely.

boblo
    Free Member

Late but, Creation – Singapore. Yes I’ve bought from them. No problem. Quick delivery, boxed and all papers. Product seems fully legit and I would buy again.

euans2
    Free Member

I’ve had 3 watches off them now (1 is currently in the post) as of yet I have not been charged the VAT and from looking on line it would appear to be a hit or miss on whether you will be charged. One thing the bear in mind is that the watches you buy from them will not have a stamped warranty card so you will ether have to send a faulty watch back to them for repair or pay for it yourself. Thankfully I’ve not experienced any issues and they have a far greater selection of watches (especially Seiko’s) that can be obtained in the UK.

andykirk
    Free Member

Yes, bought 2 returned 2 (as I didn’t like them in the flesh), no issues at all.

I wish Seiko didn’t feel the need to make most watches so shiny.

ElShalimo

I bought from them before
    Delivery within a week and no customs, VAT or other duties to pay

lunge

Order arrived, 3 days from ordering to arrival and no customs fees, very impressed indeed.

superleggero
    Free Member

Sounds like it’s a bit of a lottery. My experience was that I ordered a Seiko watch and I WAS asked to pay an additional charge online to clear customs. The watch took a few days to be delivered and was a legit Seiko, but it stopped working after 10 months. When I contacted Seiko UK to ask about getting the watch repaired under their international warranty (as advised by Creation) they told me on the phone that the watch was not covered as I’d bought it from Creation Watches. I decided to take the watch to Seiko HQ in Maidenhead in person as they have a walk in repair service and it’s not far from me. I showed them proof of purchase from Creation as requested for the warranty process, and without any further questions they repaired the watch under warranty and sent it back to me by post.

With Creation you pays your money and you take a chance.

sprootlet
    Free Member

I used them for a Hamilton watch, very happy with the watch, speedy delivery and no customs charges.
    I would use them again but we need to stop buying shiny things….

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Creation Watches – Are they legit?’ is closed to new replies.