Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Creating GPX files from friends Strava activity?
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Morning all,

So my friend rode a couple of off road routes recently and I’d like to convert them to GPX so I can follow them on my Garmin 810.

I’m pretty sure it used to be a case of clicking on the little spanner icon and selecting export to GPX but that option appears to have gone?! I can do it on my own activities but not someone else.

I do have an option to “Create a Route” of his activity in the Strava route builder thing but that just seems to make a mess and follows alternate tracks instead. I just want the raw GPX but can’t find a way to get it.

Anyone know what i’m rambling on about?

jam-bo

or ask your mate to download it and send it to you.

woody2000

Probably a privacy setting on your mates profile. Ask them to download it and send it to you?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Sorry forgot to add that I’m already a premium member. I can ask him to send them to me but thought I would be able to save him the trouble.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

In fact, its actually the same for everyones activity apart from mine?! I can export my activities as GPX but only Create Routes from anyone else. Is that normal?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Privacy innit…

Just get him to tun it off for the time it takes you to DL the file.

jam-bo

. Is that normal?

if they have the right privacy setting set.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Sorted it – you can use this – http://strava-tools.raceshape.com/vpu/

Creates a CRS file from anyones activities and you can upload them straight to your device. Or, upload to the likes of RWGPS and export a GPX from there.

Winner

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Creating GPX files from friends Strava activity?’ is closed to new replies.