• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Creating a new apple account.
  • zippykona

I want to separate our work and home iPads.
    If I change the work iPad apple account will I need to set up all the email accounts again?

Jamie
    Free Member

If the work iPad is going to be having a fresh Apple account on it, then yes.

All apps etc will have to be re-downloaded manually, as well as all their settings. As you’re not restoring from an existing backup.

What’s the aim here? Just to mange different email addresses?

zippykona

If I go onto eBay on the shop iPad all the stuff we’ve looked at on our home iPad comes up even though I’m logged out.
    I’m assuming info from the shop iPad also goes out to all our other devices.
    I’m not happy that if someone nabs our manky old iPod touch that they will be able to access lots of sensitive information.

jambalaya
    Free Member

eBay info is stored in eBay tracking cookies
    New Apple account does not mean you have to setup new email addresses ? MYbe question is badly phrased. My Apple ID is a gmail address and I use both gmail and icloud on the phone/pad. New AppleId may imoact your cintacts etc depending on how you have those setup. Note AppleID and iCloud address/account can be different. We have multiple accounts (eg mine/wifes UK/French store) and switch between AppleID all the time whilst keeping iCloud account same on a device.

EDIT: if younsetup a new AppleID all the apps on your device will remain, when it comes to updates it may ask for the “work” account details. You could clear down the device and start fresh if you want or just add/delete individual apps

Hope that helps

Drac

You can have mixed accounts on a device. My work one the contacts are to one account setup for work only. The iTunes and App Store uses my home account, they sync with each other but I disabledsyncing to save space on my work phone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Creating a new apple account.’ is closed to new replies.