Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Creating a blog/own website. Recommend me easy-to-use tools
  • brooess
    Free Member

Am taking summer off work to ride my bike (move up to the Lakes and get my mountain biker leader qualification) and thinking about creating an online diary to record it all – photos, ride descriptions, general info and something to capture the experience to show other people. e.g. future employers, friends, family, colleagues stuck in the office 🙂
    Can you suggest any free online tools which will give me a template that allows me to easily update and keep without having to pay ongoing fees?
    Cheers

Three_Fish
    Free Member

wordpress.com is far and away the easiest to use and to get good results from. It has dozens of templates for different styles. I use it to store maintenance guides I've written up and also for hosting photographs. You can write in the 'what-you-see-is-what-you-get' or can develop your script writing skills. It's basically as versatile for dummies (like me) as it is for tech-heads. Highly recommended.

matt_outandabout

wordpess here as well would be my suggestion – and you can make it look very non-blog alike.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MadBillMcMad

For me I use http://www.blogger.com.

you can create multiple blogs with different templates.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I have just started using wordpress although not officially launched my blog yet. For photos though I am linking through to my flickr site.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Creating a blog/own website. Recommend me easy-to-use tools’ is closed to new replies.