• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by womp.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Create a Youtube hyperlink to an independent window – possible ?
  • womp
    Free Member

Hi

i cant embed a youtube video in my editor so i want to link that will open a youtube video in its own window (not on youtube)

is this possible or any any websites available that i can do this ?

Cougar

If I understand you correctly, what you want to do is download a local copy?

http://offliberty.com/ perhaps?

womp
    Free Member

Hi,

no i need to have a link on my intranet notice board (that does not allow embedded video) that when clicked it opens the youtube video in its own window

the link you get on you tube directs you to watch the video in you tube

Cougar

Well, if you were to open the YT-hosted video in a new window, it’s still going to be an embedded video which your intranet doesn’t allow, just on a different page.

Cougar

*lightbulb* By “editor” you mean web page editor don’t you, not video editor.

Presumably you’ve got some sort of ‘upload media’ option in there?

darrenspink
    Free Member

It’s sounds like you’re looking to generate a modal window (popup). You can do this if you have the ability to either install a suitable plugin to the cms you are using or ftp access and the ability to edit the html of the page template.

toby1

If it’s just a link to an external site, then you can use target=”_blank” in the href. That depends on whether or not you are using plain HTML though.

And it depends on me reading the question and interpreting it correctly too 🙂

womp
    Free Member

Hi all

sounds like i have not been as clear as intended 😳

so im using an editor called CKeditor

it does not have video embed option on my version (and i have no control over the site to enhance or host to add such)

Eg if this forum did not allow us to embed video i would have to create a hyperlink like this

STW Youtube Video LINK

that link takes you to the Youtube page….

but id like to link to the video in a page on its own without all the Youtube video links and adverts.

womp
    Free Member

FIXED!!!!

2 sec after i posted the above i found a post that has a solution 😀

simply a case of adding the video ref to the end of this “watch_popup” link

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=PVsGz7lXd50

STW Youtube vedo LINK – pop up version

link to article

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Create a Youtube hyperlink to an independent window – possible ?’ is closed to new replies.