Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Cream Teas
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that a country that voted for Brexit contains many individuals who think that jam goes first, or that butter has any place in a cream tea, even exist.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Right way:

1. Halve a scone.

2. Apply jam or clotted cream first. Whichever is firmer goes on first. This is normally (preferably) the cream*

3. Do the same with the other half. Do not use other half as a ‘lid’ for the first. Neither use butter or any other spread. For that type of business, see ‘sandwich’.

*The superior experience is to enjoy the sweet jam on your taste-buds a split-second before the cool, firm clotted cream. Make sure your jam Is not too cold/firm. Neither too runny

Wrong ways:

Everything else.

Nico
    Free Member

Whatever. It all pales into significance compared to microwaving a scone.

jonnyboi

Jam first, anyone who suggests otherwise doesn’t eat the bloody things and is simply repeating dogma

Houns
    ransos
    Free Member

Jam first, anyone who suggests otherwise doesn’t eat the bloody things and is simply repeating dogma

I have conducted trials to determine which method allows for the maximum application of clotted cream. The answer is jam first, by a street.

jonnyboi

Which is a fairly obvious conclusion, cream first heretics are usually forced to drop a tiny blob of jam on top of the cream to ‘prove’ their point.

However, in private they are jam first, slathering the goodness with gay abandon and then piling on the cream whilst displaying a look of pure lust & shame

sbob
    Free Member

For those struggling to “spread” jam on top of clotted cream, where do store your conserves?

In the refrigerator?
    Next to the butter?
    💡

jonnyboi

showing your ignorance there, it’s all to do with the structural integrity of the cream versus the jam.

sbob
    Free Member

I take that as a yes then.
    Problem solved.

ourmaninthenorth

please upload a sound file of this. I’ve got “gaw blimey Mary Poppins” in my head

Imagine Justin Webb pronouncing it. He’s at least as RP as (I’m sure) CFH is.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Cream Teas’ is closed to new replies.