Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Creaky Fox F29 forks.
  • TheSwede
    Free Member

Any one have the same annoying creaks? Doesn’t fill me with confidence at all. Thought it was the chris king but put steerer in the vice and gave the legs a rock and a twist and there it is. Click, click. I wonder if a service may quash the problem?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

obviously you haven’t ridden the bike for more than 15 hours

(otherwise the fork warranty is invalid)

or it could be you have, they are FOX and therefore you are f**ked

ton

a mate had a set of fox floats, they started to creak and squeak.
    he rode them to work and in a compression dip on a local golf course they snapped off where they go into the steerer.
    smashed his face into the floor, broke his nose and he now wears a big scar on it…

big_n_daft
    Free Member

should have done a Pinder

snowpaul
    Free Member

hello

As a fellow fox owner – they do seem to creak esp when I am out of the saddle – i have older style F80s and mine creak a lot and mates with newer foxs also seem to creak – i actually hate fox kit – when my current stanchions wear out again ( they will like last 2 sets )i will not bother with replacing and just buy another brand.. which may be quieter and less cheese like even with decent servicing.

Yes they work well and for most people in the dry usa they prob last forever…

paul

ton

swede, i bought a 29r fitted with fox.
    i replaced them with reba bolt thru..
    they seem a tad flimsy……imho

TheSwede
    Free Member

Oh thanks for that ton. Ive just had a nose job after breaking it yet again. Was out earlier doing stoppies and my 15st didn’t snap em but it’s always on my mind when flying down a local track at cant go any faster speeds.

GreenK
    Free Member

More discussion here:

[/url]

I have F120RLCs and they creaked but have now stopped. I have cleaned my headset recently so maybe that did the job. Headset is mentioned in the above thread.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

It may be the croyfit, crappy steerer and crown bonding, It happened with mine, got that done under warranty, the stanchion wear on the other hand cost me £200 odd.

Regardless of their ‘incredible’ damping, Fox forks are shit.

Stoner
    Free Member

an odd thought just occured to me….

has anyone ever tried installing a fox damper in a rockshox right hand leg (say reba)? Probably require a bit of properbodging…

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ha stoner. Was just looking for the pics of your on one. remembered seeing it on here and wondered what forks you used being a big bloke. Flexi? Just been out to shed to tighten the big nuts. Got about a quarter turn on each but the click keeps clicking. Even clicked as I put torque on the ratchet. Swine. I would say that this is the only problem I’ve had with the four sets of fox’s I use. Never had any of them serviced either.

Stoner
    Free Member

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/northmalvern/OnOneTi29

help yourself 🙂

definitely not flexy with the maxle.
    Great forks. And so easy to service.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Cheers. Service ? 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

Service = excuse to take a bottle of wine to the shed and utter the immortal words “dont wait up darling, I may be some time” 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

When braking hard the spindle flexes towards the bike by what looks like an inch at least. Scary.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Even easier when not on speaking terms with the cow.

Stoner
    Free Member

When braking hard the spindle flexes towards the bike by what looks like an inch at least. Scary.

You dont know fear until you’ve ridden old SID 100s – my first ever forks 🙂

I never understood what people meant by “noodly” until I replaced them 🙂

TheSwede
    Free Member

Now I’m paranoid that Ive over tightened the top nuts and that they are going to stress fracture due to my ape grip. Will slacken them back off before tomorrows cotswold massive bimble.

Stoner
    Free Member

looking on enduroforkseals website they say fox recommends 165 inch pounds which is pretty hefty!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Ah cheers. Phew. If I remember correctly my ape grip is equivalent to 18.642496789 newton meters.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Creaky Fox F29 forks.’ is closed to new replies.