Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Creaky bike help please
  • drslow
    Free Member

I’ve got a Stumpy HT carbon comp 2010 and i’ve been loving it. However wear and tear is starting to take its toll. It creaks when I put pressure on the pedals. Also the seat post drops an inch by the end of the ride from my pre ride height. I’m new to carbon so I sparingly use water dispersant’s or oils and I use a Ritchey Torque key for the seat post but don’t want to over tighten it. Any tips or advice appreciated.

wwaswas

use carbon assembly paste on seatpost, will help.

re: creaks – could be – BB bearings, shock mount bushes, frame bearings – you’d need to do some investigation to establish which though.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Yup, no oil at all on the seatpost. For the creaks as www said, but first try a little grease in the rear dropouts as a very simple solution. The creaking under power is sometime the rear axle moving in dry dropouts

Paceman
    Free Member

It creaks when I put pressure on the pedals.

Probably just needs the bottom bracket servicing / replacing, not especially expensive either way.

Not sure on the seatpost problem as I haven’t had experience of a carbon frame.

drslow
    Free Member

Generally the creaking occurs when i’m out the saddle and ‘powering’ up a hill. I’ll try the carbon assembly paste though I think its a alloy seat post. does that make a difference?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Creaky bike help please’ is closed to new replies.