• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by SiB.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Creaking saddle/seatpost cures?
  • SiB
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure its coming from the saddle as when out of saddle it doesn’t happen! I have applied carbon grease to saddle rails and all parts that can be tightened but everytime I go over the slightest bump theres like a creaking/cracking noise coming from saddle area. Newish bike, no signs of wear and tear or any damage.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated as sick of people starring at me and my noisey bike!!

clubber
    Free Member

It’s often the seatpost clamp (ie what holds the seatpost in the frame) – take apart grease and add grease between it and the frame. My Bianchi road bike did exactly the same when new…

Onzadog
    Free Member

could be how the rails join the body. A little light lube maybe.

psychle
    Free Member

Had exactly the same problem, I greased the seatpost & shim (using carbon grease, make sure you do this if your frame is carbon!), greased the seat rails, and still had the annoying creak/crack everytime I hit a bump… worked out yesterday it was the seatclamp, a dab of carbon grease there and it is now sorted 😀

Olly
    Free Member

mine is in the mount between the rails and the saddle body.

it makes me want to cry 🙁
    its SO irritating.

not a lot i can do i dont think.
    other than squirt it with grease every now and again

SiB
    Free Member

It is soooooo annoying but at least now I’m riding alot more out of the saddle! Will try grease on the the clamp later and keep fingers crossed. If that doesn’t solve the problem then a bit more grease here and there will hopefully do the job……and then a bit more if it persists!

What are the smallest hard to detect noises the most irritating??!

Thanks for advice

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Mine was doing that last week, I applied ‘brand new thomson post’ to the issue and it went away.

Any excuse

Jez

SiB
    Free Member

I like your way of thinking Jez!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Creaking saddle/seatpost cures?’ is closed to new replies.