Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Creaking headset/csu?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

I have a pitch pro running Lyriks, infact the only standard parts on the bike are the headset and brakes. On repeated big hits there is an annoying creak, pretty sure it’s from the headset (hopefully) or the CSU (hope not.)Does anyone else running the standard headset have any creaking issues?

I have already checked my seat post and the rear wheel is securely bolted up.

jd77
    Free Member

Is there also a creaking sound when your pulling on the bars when climbing out of the saddle? If so, its almost certainly the headset.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Probably, but I haven’t done much climbing of late, mostly jheycore-lite freeride! I am going to get myself one of those bargain cane creek 110 headsets from CRC, hopefully this will solve it?!

Bagstard
    Free Member

Bump!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

headset needs a bit of TLC probably. Give it a clean and some fresh grease.

beanieripper
    Free Member

Might be, might not , I had this with some r/s, checked the headset, bars, stem, greased it all up, loads of times. Turned out to be the csu. Took the forks and wheel off and flexed the lowers together, would tick and creak.. The left stanchion was moving in the csu. If your dropping them out anyway to look at the headset, give em a flex together..

scaredypants

what’s a CSU ?
    😳

scaredypants

crown & steerer unit ?

scaredypants

creaky squeaky & unidentified ?

Jamie
    Free Member

cuddly sized user?

scaredypants

are you calling bagstard tubby ?

Cruel, spiteful, unhelpful

😉

Jamie
    Free Member

are you calling bagstard tubby ?

Callous STW’ers Utterance

Bagstard
    Free Member

How very dare you?! Hench to the max me! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Creaking headset/csu?’ is closed to new replies.