Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Creaking / Cracking saddle noise
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

what are the cures? ive had a fizik gobi kium for about 1 month if that, never actually applied any copperslip/antiseize to the bolts, nor put anything on the rails…..

didnt make a sound until last week… and now ive started getting a creaking or cracking type noise every so often when i sit back down and start to climb stuff (its not constant and seems to settle down after a few creaks/cracks)

guessing some kind of copper grease on the bolts? carbon paste on the rails? spray some lube on the rail entry points? and regrease the actual seat clamp too?

anything else ive missed or anything else ive done wrong?

test ride tonight! hopefully cured 🙁 if not then god knows what it is, as last time i had this it was my rear qr not being tight (instantly fixed the creak and silent since)

or is this just a normal feature of the flexy gobi xm’s?

robowns
    Free Member

My Gobi creaked regularly, I found lube in to.the rail entry points worked best.

Andy-R

My SDG Bel-airs do this from time to time but a few drops of chain lube where the rails enter the seat base sorts them – for a while anyway….

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cool sounds like spraying the entry points seems the main culprit (if it is actually my saddle/seatpost combo making the noise) 🙁

guessing gt85 will be fine, think that has silicone in it too

Scamper
    Free Member

Squirt of GT85 on the rail entry points works for me plus making sure the bolts are tight.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Creaking / Cracking saddle noise’ is closed to new replies.