Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Creaking (again!)
  • exupmonkey
    Free Member

I know this is a common complaint as has been discussed at length in these hallowed pages but I’m now at a stage where I have exhausted any suggestions I have gleaned from the archives so looking for inspiration. Mondraker Foxy XR, 2013 model with unfashionably small wheels! Loud creak from **** knows where when pedalling or when stationary and pressure applied to the pedals. Route taken so far-crankset removed cleaned and replaced, BB removed cleaned and replaced, headset bearings ditto, pedals ditto, Maxles ditto, frame pivots checked for tightness, cassette removed cleaned and re torqued, spokes checked, frame checked for cracks, rear derailleur pivot bolt checked, knees checked, saddle checked, dropper post checked, pinch bolt checked. I’ve removed the chain and stood on the pedals and the creaking dissappears but for the life of me I can’t resolve this (poor mechanics skills and knowledge may be a signicicant contributory factor though!!)
    Now at a loss…any suggestions? Cheers in anticipation.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Now at a loss…any suggestions?

Take it to your friendly local bike shop?

mimmiethecat
    Free Member

Is there any witness marks/anodising worn off on the BB axle where it contacts the bearings?

fd3chris
    Free Member

New chain ?

legend
    Free Member

frame pivots checked for tightness,

Might as well whip them all apart and make sure everything’s squeaky clean and moving freely (just had to strip and clean a pivot to sort a creak of my own)

exupmonkey
    Free Member

BB axle looks really clean and is unmarked. New chain fitted a few weeks ago. I think i’ll take the pivots apart then.. Failing that, bike shop or headphones might be the order of the day. Cheers all.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Creaking (again!)’ is closed to new replies.