Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • CRC Whinge – pricing
  • richcc
    Free Member

I like CRC and generally appreciate the pricing but looking at a few bits and pieces I could do with – eg Hope Bottom Bracket – the pricing is hacking me off a bit. There seems to be a bit of confusion between “Now £60” and “From £60”. Yes I can get a Hope Ceramic BB for £60 but only if I’ve got a freak 83mm BB shell and want Gunsmoke or Silver – every other option is £75. Not quite the impression I got from the homepage or if I search on BBs.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Its not just CRC though, is it

It is pi$$ annoying though. You find a product you want for a price you want and then find they only got it in XXXS or its out of stock.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I agree wholeheartedly. Same with clothing. From £24.99 only if you wanted the midget size in pink polka dots. All the others £49.99. And advertising stuff that is sold out…. and has been for ages. grrr

bomberman
    Free Member

crc do that alot. like if you want the 4 bolt 36t chainring instead of the 5 bolt 36t or the 4 bolt 32t.

Spongebob
    Free Member

I like the flood damaged stuff that they got compensated for and are flogging off at a good profit. I bet they bought the salvage back from the insurance company for a 10th of its original wholesale value. Call me cynical!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

aye! they put up the price of the fork i was looking at getting on saturday, a 28.5% price rise – for **** sake!!

well they did themselves out of a sale; bought it from the woolly hat shop instead, for the original amount 😉

take your well earned cash and spend it elsewhere!

seven
    Free Member

ffs – it’s a business, and it seems that it will follow the old economics of supply and demand, and marketing – get them thru the door and they might buy something.

good on them for the flood sale – if they did get it back cheap and made some extra cash cool. i got a rf crankset for £50 (£100 off) – anyone want it for £95?

Marmite
    Free Member

It’s the importers putting prices up surely, not in CRC’s interest to be more expensive than other stores, not by that much anyway?

xtcenduro
    Free Member

chunkypaul – Member
    aye! they put up the price of the fork i was looking at getting on saturday, a 28.5% price rise – for **** sake!!

well they did themselves out of a sale; bought it from the woolly hat shop instead, for the original amount

take your well earned cash and spend it elsewhere!

Thats the suppliers putting the prices up forcing all Shops to raise their prices, so are doing it sooner than others.

2008 was the cheapest its ever of going to of been for bike prices for a good few years due to the recession, especially on discounted 08 items.

andym
    Free Member

If you don’t like CRC, shop elsewhere and spare the rest of us the whinging.

MrNutt
    Free Member

hey guys, lets go build a dam!

jimthesaint

A price rise of 28.5% on an item that is already in stock has nothing to do with distributors but has everything to do with DOUBLING their profit margin.

Speshpaul

“A price rise of 28.5% on an item that is already in stock has nothing to do with distributors but has everything to do with DOUBLING their profit margin. “

Or could it be that they have just brought new stock at new prices?
    If you haven’t noticed the prices of stuff being imported into this country have mental.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

fyi – it was an in stock item that went up £110 overnight

like i said – i went elsewhere to spend my cash, their loss – not mine

johni
    Free Member

Wait for the sale coming on forks in a few weeks time when forks have 20-30% off their selling price….

chunkypaul
    Free Member

i work in the construction industry and for the first time in ages the price indices are negative (-5% to -7%)…

i understand why costs may go up in recession but not 28.5%!

nasher
    Free Member

Thing is, distributors agree a price for these products often a year in advance, so if they are importing rockshox at a set $ rate thena ll and good.
    but in a year the sterling has lost %0 of its value to the dollar and 40% t the sterling, yet these manufacturers still want their € and $.

The next shipment has to be paid for an as a result the prices go up.

richcc
    Free Member

TBH it’s more the advertising of the prices than the actual prices that gripped my sht but happy that other people have had a grind of their own axes!

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I thought the price rises were to pay for that flunkie from a Doncaster based company

MrOvershoot

i work in the construction industry and for the first time in ages the price indices are negative (-5% to -7%)…

i understand why costs may go up in recession but not 28.5%!

Totally agree Paul, like a certain 29er wheelset going up around 30% over the weekend despite there being “lots in stock” before the price rise?

I fully sympathise that prices go up for new stock, but in our industry anything manufactured before the price rise gets sold at the pre rise price, hell we even tend to sell product faster as people buy at the old price which the profit margin was already made on.

ChrisS
    Free Member

I like CRC but I’ve always found it odd that there are so many prices advertised as SALE when they only have 1p off the rrp….

chunkypaul
    Free Member

methinks thats to pay for brants leaving do nige!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘CRC Whinge – pricing’ is closed to new replies.