Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • CRC Warranty
  • tarquin
    Free Member

So my turbo died last week. Plug in but no lights/Bluetooth or ant+.

Phone CRC to arrange returning it.

Have to fill out the form…. can’t do it over the phone. Sure no worries.

Fill form out and get automated reply complete with spelling mistakes telling me it can take 72 hrs for a reply. I copied in the manufacturer who replied inside an hour but told me to go through the retailer.

72 hrs are up. Do I ring them and start nagging? It’s one of those £1000 trainers…

legend
    Free Member

Yes. I’m just about to nag them for being slow on normal returns too

chakaping
    Free Member

They had a longer backlog on warranty stuff, but were getting the queue down.

Give them a bell, they are friendly and helpful in my experience (of being nice to them).

tarquin
    Free Member

Phoned them, confirmed they had my email and it would have to be collected and returned to them…. well I already knew that. Guy on the phone was nice but that’s all he could help with.

Expected time for warranty emails to be looked at is 5 days so I have to wait another 2 days for the warranty department to get to it.

I’d have posted it back myself last Friday at my own cost, idgf it’s just frustrating waiting.

tdog
    Free Member

Hopefully you’ll get a complete refund and then buy a complete bike 😯

Seriously what are turbo trainers for?

tarquin
    Free Member

Riding when it’s dark/wet/late at night/time crunched/cba? Troll on!

legend
    Free Member

Seriously what are turbo trainers for?

How else do you expect to train a turbo?

tdog
    Free Member

Oh right, I genuinely didn’t know that as haven’t heard much bout them before now.

poah
    Free Member

it isn’t a CRC warranty

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

I’ve sent loads back to CRC. Multiple frames and forks (not cheap stuff). MTB equipment (I know some are better than others) has some of the worst QC I’ve come across, considering the prices charged!

CRC are usually pretty reasonable with returns! Not always as fast as you would like, but have met all the deadlines in my experience and have refunded/replaced without question.

In your case chase them up.

wheely
    Free Member

CRC have been excellent with any returns. And that includes very recently as well.
    Had 2 pairs of XC shoes that started falling apart after a couple of months — they refunded in vouchers (I was happy with that) & kept the defective shoes (sent them pics etc). Shoes still good as emergency spares.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘CRC Warranty’ is closed to new replies.