Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • crc warranty?
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i bought 13 months ago from crc a 661 full chest armour suit.

i think i have used it a hand full of times and never been in a crash with it on.

on the right hand, the stitching has given up the ghost and now has a hole. i dont want this 1 inch hole to become a 4 inch hole so i am wondering what route i should take. i will fire a email off to them and hope they can sort out something. just a shame as i have really only used it 5-6 times.

you guys think something might be able to be done?

nick

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I doubt that it will be covered by any manufacturing warranty after a year.

Can’t you just re-stitch it?

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

Warranty through crc with whoever the distributor is. Machine stitching always gives up quick though so you may just end up with same problem. Can you stitch?

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Worth an email, stressing the little use its had. You might find 661 (via CRC) will swap it as a goodwill/PR gesture.

andyl
    Free Member

……awaits someone who knows the ins and outs of the SOGA. 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hiya!

13 months for clothing – I doubt you will get much joy under SOGA

Just get it repaired in your local shop that repairs stuff – probably a fiver maybe a tenner.

highclimber
    Free Member

SOGA could provide you with a lifeline in that a product should be free from defect at the point of sale and if there is a failure of the garment then it is up to the retailers to prove it wasn’t faulty up to a certain time period (6 months I believe) after that you have to prove it was faulty which isn’t hard considering the amount of use you claim its had. Items should last at least as long as you expect them to and if they fail before that then you are within your rights to ask for it to be investigated by the rertailer.

uplink
    Free Member

I’d take it to a local cobbler etc.

It’ll be cheap and quick

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If you’d starting stitching it when you submitted your question it would have been finished by now.

guitarhero
    Free Member

get a needle and thread out you lazy git 😉

andyl
    Free Member

tbh I would rather stitch it myself with some nice tough thread anyway. Might not look pretty but you should be able to do a job that will last well without too much stitching skill.

Garry_Lager

I returned a seatpost (cost £55 2 months ago) to CRC recently because the clamp kept slipping. Emailed me today to say they were happy to issue a partial refund – of £3.50! Sounds like a piss-take tbh, but yet to speak to them to hear their reasons. So I don’t fancy your chances with some year old armour.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

the problem is the body armor has this and the shin pads also started within 6 months after buying it. i got the shin pads sewn up and they are going in other places now and just dont want the same saga.

just don’t think its too great tbh and will be probably look for another brand next time.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘crc warranty?’ is closed to new replies.