Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • CRC security – Paypal safe or not?
  • cheez0
    Free Member

I want a CRC travel bag for my bike
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15325
    but I can’t be bothered to trawl through almost a 1000 posts of the other CRC security issue thread..

I gather that using a card is unsafe, but what about Paypal?

So my question is..

Is paypal safe to use on the CRC site? (A simples ‘yes’ or ‘no’ is all I need)

Thanks for your inputs!

mamadirt
    Free Member

Yes. CRC themselves are advising Paypal if at all worried . . .

Can you order safely?
    . . . if you want to order on CRC without CRC being in contact with your credit card details then choose ‘Pay by PayPal’ and checkout using your credit card via the PayPal express checkout.

(taken from CRC security up-date email 17.03.11)

ton

very……………….and far too often eh mama d?………. 😉

mamadirt
    Free Member

Er, yeah 😳 – it’d’ve been rude not to use the £30 voucher though eh Ton?

cheez0
    Free Member

Cheers mama,

Where did you see that info?

Do you have a linky?

cheez0
    Free Member

and a money off voucher?

Where can i get one of those? 🙂

mamadirt
    Free Member

It was in the CRC security info email sent to those who emailed in the details of how they were affected (as requested in the CRC security thread). Similarly, those affected received an email from CRC at the end of last week with a £30 voucher 😀

mmb
    Free Member

i only use paypal on the internet and have never had a problem with crc and paypal.

carlosg
    Free Member

Another paypal only CRC buyer here. I got an email/questionaire the other day from Paypal. Started with ‘you have made a purchase in the last 4 weeks at CRC using paypal’ , wanted to know if I would still have made the purchase if paypal hadn’t been available!

Northwind

Hmm, I got a fraud on my credit card but no £30 voucher. Do I have to email and complain or something?

Taff
    Free Member

Bought two bits off them since the scam… Fine by me

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I ordered from them on a credit card last night, didn’t know about the scam, have they upgraded their security now? Or am I likely to get fleeced?

Janesy
    Free Member

Dont get the CRC bag – its cheap for a reason = crap.

theendisnigh
    Free Member

I just phoned and cancelled my credit card to be on the safe side. Barclaycard call centre in India was so irritating I was pissin myself laughing by the end of the call 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘CRC security – Paypal safe or not?’ is closed to new replies.