Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • CRC, RUTHIN MARATHON, SOME PICTURES
  • project
    Free Member

https://picasaweb.google.com/115867557921985666080/CRCRUTHINMARATHON1892011#

Well quite a few, taken around the Cilcain resevoir near Mold, at a place called F….k, as thats what most riders refered to it, when they arrived.

Despite the mud, water, everyone was extremely chipper, and freindly as per usual, a great few hours in a nice part of the country.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Love the ones of the lad going over the bars into the puddle of doom 😉

Some right miserable-looking buggers at the start though. What happened? No bog roll at the campsite?

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Enjoyed it more than last yr thats for sure!

I managed to get down that twisty, steep and rocky descent to the stream, commented on the fact to a family watching – crossed the stream and promptly lost the front wheel and pitched into the heather on the flat! 😳

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Enjoyed it more than last yr thats for sure!

I managed to get down that twisty, steep and rocky descent to the stream, commented on the fact to a family watching – crossed the stream and promptly lost the front wheel and pitched into the heather on the flat! 😳

Russell96

That’s my fave legal Clwyds descent nice n straight forward in the summer, but once it gets wet and the stream starts running over the rocks at the top its carnage.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It was a great event, hats off to John Lloyd and all the team who worked so hard to put these events on. The cheery young marshals around the course were a real spirit lifter 🙂

Have to say though, i was struck by how many blokes were pushing up the first tarmac climb out of Ruthin. FFS, there were kids who were riding up that!
    I’m no racing snake but i managed that climb, even with all the pillocks pushing up the centre of the road!

badbob
    Free Member

Muddydwarf, maybe if you stayed at the front of the pack, you would not have had this issue? guess being slow does not help…..

project
    Free Member

terrahawk – Member
    Love the ones of the lad going over the bars into the puddle of doom

Some right miserable-looking buggers at the start though. What happened? No bog roll at the campsite?

Posted 11 hours ago #

The young lad just went over the bars in slow motion and just lay there, me and a few other riders ran over to him, and thankfully he was ok, despite riding a singlespeed, 29er.

As for the miserable faces at thestart, the mist was right down on the hills, and there had been seriously heavy rain just before, the other side of the mountain it was brilliant sunshine, and cheered everyone up.

badbob
    Free Member

was pretty grim at the start , weather wise!

i thought 29ers were sposed to roll better 🙂

project
    Free Member

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Thought the 84k course was the best route yet. Think the route through Nercwys forest wasn’t marked correctly, should have been a slightly longer loop. Anyway, well done all at MTB-Marathon. Loved the little bit of North Shore at the finish to!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I don’t class myself as fast, so I start near the back. Maybe that’s my problem! It’s not a particularly hard climb just long.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘CRC, RUTHIN MARATHON, SOME PICTURES’ is closed to new replies.