• This topic has 10 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cp.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • CRC product quality.. lacking, CRC customer service second to none?
  • reidy
    Free Member

Having now put 4/5 orders through CRC ranging from a £30 crank to a £1300 cube MTB I can honestly say that nothing that arrived has been right first time. I don’t know if I an inherently unlucky when it comes to ordering from CRC or any one else has had such issues?

today’s faulty product was a shimano m540 pedal (CRC not to blame) where 50m down the road it spat the spindle out with the cleat still attatched to my boot lol

On the flip side though, their customer service is fantastic they dont bat an eye lid when it comes to sending replacement parts and customer returns are very easy, hence the reason I haven’t started buying else where….yet

cp

whilst their delivery has been crap at times, stuff they’ve sent has always been correct and worked fine (from a sample of a scary number of orders…)

weeksy

i’ve not in 100+ orders ever had a single thing wrong.

I’ve recently sent 2 items back… both my fault, not CRCs

Conan257
    Free Member

No issues from CRC, will continue to order from them unless Merlin is cheaper!

avdave2

I’ve never had to return anything to them or wait an unreasonable time for anything to arrive. The only issue is why they send me something the size of a pair of grips in a box too large to get through the front door.

weeksy

avdave2 – Member
    I’ve never had to return anything to them or wait an unreasonable time for anything to arrive. The only issue is why they send me something the size of a pair of grips in a box too large to get through the front door.

i bought 4 Ferrules…. they take up the size of a 2p piece…

came in a box too big to come through the letterbox…

organic355
    Free Member

Ordered some ODI lock ons last week, the bonus pack with collars and grips. They only sent me the grips, no collars. I emailed them but as I am impatient I re-ordered the item. Recived an email, said they would send out lock on collars separately, got a £5 voucher. 2nd order arrived (thought I would put them on the wifes bike), same again, no collars!, emailed them, said they would send out a second set of collars, got another £5 voucher.

So now £10 better off (already spent on Nikwax), but still no collars to my 2 sets of grips 🙁

rocketman
    Free Member

Customer since 2005 they have only messed up once in all that time

The only issue is why they send me something the size of a pair of grips in a box too large to get through the front door.

The last few small items have been delivered in grey plastic bags

avdave2

The last few small items have been delivered in grey plastic bags

To be fair to them they do seem to have responded to the packaging issue at least some of the time.

reidy
    Free Member

Looks like I’m just having a really bad run, they’re sending me a brand new pair of spd pedals after speaking to the tech guys.

Does anyone have any idea how to attach the spindle back to the pedal, it screws back in but whilst pedalling it’s rotating in reverse and just unwinds.

I found this; http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/techdocs/content/cycle/EV/bikecomponents/PD/EV-PD-M540-2234_v1_m56577569830608616.pdf

but cant see how to get anything past number three out of the cartridge

cast any light?

Cheers, Reidy

cp

are you saying the pedal body is unscrewing off item 2? Got any pics of the bits in the ‘fallen off’ state?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘CRC product quality.. lacking, CRC customer service second to none?’ is closed to new replies.