Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • CRC packaging mini-rant
  • rascal
    Free Member

Ordered 2 pairs of disc pads on Tues from them.
    Email yesterday to confirm dispatch.
    Guess where they are now?
    In the bloody sorting office – postie left a note saying ‘too large’ to post.
    They could have gone in a jiffy bag easily – what is it with them and their love of a big box? 😯

handyandy
    Free Member

automated packaging machines I believe.

svalgis
    Free Member

edit: Beaten to it.

rbrstr
    Free Member

yeah,i had to collect a shoe box from the sorting office last week that had a valve extender rattling around in it. **** annoying which is why i prefer to use wiggle, they use jiffy bags that fit thru letterboxes and give free haribo’s

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Yet they send fragile helmets in a plastic bag. 😯

Northwind

Automated, cost-effective, recycled and recyclable packaging. Hard to get too annoyed at that tbh. Jiffybags are pretty ropey from a waste point of view (paper-padded envelopes are better)

rascal
    Free Member

Northwind

That’s fair enough, but why not have boxes relative scale to what they send out?
    Could be worse though…could be the poor bloke who had his Turner frame wrecked due to piss poor ‘packaging’.

svalgis
    Free Member

It’s mostly fine. A little annoying in extreme cases, like if you’re ordering a fork and a cassette and both are just wrapped in thin plastic inside the box…

Northwind

Northwind

That’s fair enough, but why not have boxes relative scale to what they send out?

They do. Kinda. But the machines have minimum and maximum sizes they can deal with.

ormondroyd
    Free Member

You want it cheap and posted free, you put up with packaging systems that allow margins to be shaved to the bone, innit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘CRC packaging mini-rant’ is closed to new replies.