Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • CRC out of stock, voucher as an “apology”
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve had an e-mail from CRC this morning saying that I asked for an out of stock notification on something and it’s no longer a line they carry. As such, they’ve given me a voucher for £10 off a £50 spend. have I gone mad and forgotten bike stuff I was looking for or is this a marketing “ploy”?

duckman

I have just got one as well…Anybody want it?

BigDummy
    Free Member

They would like you to spend £50. If you do, they will give you a discount.

🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Give me the voucher number and I’ll check it out for you.

thebone
    Free Member

just got one also…

clubber
    Free Member

I’ll have it! I’m just sorting out an order – if you could email me it, that’d be great!

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ll have look at the site later and see if there’s anything I’m after, if not, I’ll offer the vocher up later. To anyone about to place an order, keep your eyes peeled, I get the impression there might be a few of these knocking around soon.

Jezkidd
    Free Member

Sounds good, more then you’d get at tesco

ransos
    Free Member

You’re doing better than me. I complained about a pair of grips that were mis-described (no mention of the fact that locking clamps are needed at extra cost) and they haven’t given me the courtesy of a reply to my email. I’ve been buying from them for over 10 years, but it looks as though I’ll no longer be using them.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and they haven’t given me the courtesy of a reply to my email.

they probably just never extracted it from the flood of spam

clubber
    Free Member

Anyone got a spare one they could email me (address in my profile) – I have an order I’m about to place! Thanks 🙂

gecko76

Clubber, ygm

No_discerning_taste
    Free Member

Already used mine!

Was going to order something yesterday but never got around to it! Glad I waited!

richc
    Free Member

Hmm, interesting might hang off ordering some stuff for a day or two then to see if anything turns up 😉

Onzadog
    Free Member

anyone tried using a voucher that’s already been used? Sometimes they work more than once.

ransos
    Free Member

“they probably just never extracted it from the flood of spam”

I received a reply today (wonder if they read this?!) They offered a refund, but I’m left with return postage costs for something that isn’t my fault. Doesn’t seem very fair…

davidrussell
    Free Member

thats mail order for you…

ransos
    Free Member

thats mail order for you…

Perfectly true – the annoying thing is I only bought them because my LBS didn’t have any locking grips in stock!

richc
    Free Member

so, anyone got a spare voucher 🙂

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Oooo, I’ll have one too if any more vouchers going, thought I’d wait to see if they were going to offer this to everyone? … I’ve had an order in my basket for days just trying to justify it, this’ll help me click that ‘proceed to checkout’ button ! 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

ransos – argu it, sounds out of order to me, CRC are usually pretty decent?

ransos
    Free Member

“ransos – argu it, sounds out of order to me, CRC are usually pretty decent?”

I am doing. Apparently it’s all my fault – because the clamps weren’t in the picture. As if we’re supposed to guess what’s included in the box from the picture! All they had to do was offer a postage refund on my purchase, but instead they’re hacking off this loyal customer of many years’ standing with extremely dubious advertising practice.

Q
    Free Member

Someone can have mine if they want it.

Rather than posting the code here I can email it if you tell me an address.

I think richc is first in the queue up there ^.

richc
    Free Member

Cool Q, my email is {mod – removed as requested}

Q
    Free Member

richc, YGM.

If you don’t get it let me know.

richc
    Free Member

got it thanks 🙂

pk-ripper
    Free Member

i always thought it was obvious which grips had clamps and which didn’t?

ransos
    Free Member

“i always thought it was obvious which grips had clamps and which didn’t?”

If something’s sold as “handlebar grips” then they should do exactly that! If they’re a spare part (i.e. replacement grips for a grip/ clamp set) then that’s what they should say.

CRC have offered to resolve it by selling the grips separately, at a greater cost than if I’d bought them originally.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I’m about to place an order at CRC, so if anyone else happens to have a code that they’re not going to use, I’d be very grateful, thanks (email in profile).

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘CRC out of stock, voucher as an “apology”’ is closed to new replies.