Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • CRC now selling snake oil
  • kimbers

no one written any comedy reviews on crc yet??

clubber
    Free Member

No need, the main description is comedy enough.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Kimbers you are a scientist help us with this resaerch dude.
    FFS wasting your time trying to cure cancer when you could holographically make me more rad -why do i waste my tax money on peorpl like you?
    Can you get one that says rad to the sic?

kimbers

actually im coming up with a treatment involving these right now

as the institutes latest research has resulted in halting advanced stage prostate cancer im investigating the effect of wearing one round the balls – that should cure the disease for good

Jerome
    Free Member

The people are the cycle show collared us also.
    Tested my missus and my mate, with the standing on the leg thing.
    Missus was amazed and was desperate to buy one.
    Luckily I was holding the wallett.
    Hmm…

juan
    Free Member

Well if you want to do some stats you indeed need several thousand of people. Or at least several hundreds. But you cant do double blind straight away. You need to test the first thousand with telling them whether or not it’s the power balance. Then once that is done you can do the double blind test (during ride might be a good idea) but you can’t know what you’re giving to people (get tj to pick up 2 PB and remove the hologram then tapes then). To be thorough you should discriminate by age and possibly gender. I have to admit I am very doubtful about it, and I won’t buy one. However, it does to some extend work with the SO when she on the bike (no effect on at ballet though). I need to get her to ride a couple of times without on the usual route to see if she got back to a less good cornering.

R.lepecha

just looking, there meant to have holograms on them yes? aren’t holograms the silver shiny things? the pictures are colours?

eth3er
    Free Member

Power Balance® is based on the idea of optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies. The hologram is designed to respond to the natural energy field of the body. The Mylar material at the core has been treated with energy waves at specific frequencies. The resulting Mylar is believed to work with your body’s natural energy flow to help enable you to perform at the best of your ability.

I laughed, also “believed to work…”

Mark

I need to get her to ride a couple of times without on the usual route to see if she got back to a less good cornering.

That would not be the way to test it. Not if you wanted to eliminate the placebo effect. If she rides without it she’s going to think she no longer has the advantage of wearing it. That will likely affect the results. Much better to swap the band for one that looks just the same but with no hologram. She mustn’t be able to tell the difference. ergo our idea to remove the hologram from one of the bands and tape them both up so the tester can’t tell which is the ‘live’ one and which is the ‘disabled’ one.

Do that and record the results.

Then repeat on more people.
    The more the better etc..

We were told the hologram does not need to be in contact with the skin for it to work btw. So taping it up shouldn’t make any difference.

Someone ‘up there’ said they’d bought one ‘for a laugh’.
    £30 for a laugh?

Send me £30 and I’ll tell you a really funny joke 🙂

pjt201
    Free Member

clubber, if they did them in purple with a gold hologram you’d have one straight away.

pjt201
    Free Member

From above

The Mylar material at the core has been treated with energy waves at specific frequencies

I’d be interested to know if they actually do anything to treat the mylar with energy waves at all, seems to me to be a point where they could have slipped up.

brant
    Free Member

This vid shows how the snake oil lads do slightly different moves to give different results. – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piu75P8sxTo

eth3er
    Free Member

Dearest Brant
    Thank you so very much for your tireless scepticism. Now I know how it’s done will be using kisses in lieu of actual props.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piu75P8sxTo[/video]

IanW
    Free Member

Everything is worth what someone will pay for it. That goes just as much for blingtastic bikes as it does for rubber bands. Good luck to them wish I,d thought of it first.

brant
    Free Member

Here’s a link directly to the “how they do that” bit – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Piu75P8sxTo#t=5m12s

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Has anyone got a contact for David Beckam or Madonna? I bet they would dig this.

_tom_
    Free Member

People are stupid.

MrGreedy

Not directly related to the matter at hand, but nonetheless some interesting reading on the subject of placebos:

http://www.wired.com/medtech/drugs/magazine/17-09/ff_placebo_effect

juan
    Free Member

Good luck to them wish I,d thought of it first.

No need to. You’d struggle to find one in the county. Bike shop placed a pre order of around 200. They have sold more than 120 and may not be able to get the last 60. Climbers are **** mad for them. Golfers would sell their mum. MTB believe it to be the pinnacle of modern technology. Even the girl at the till of the carrefour had one :O

druidh
    Free Member

Are you really so surprised? The best selling book in the English language is the bible

Mark

The Mylar material at the core has been treated with energy waves at specific frequencies

This is actually true. The holograms are produced the same way as all holograms ie. using a laser as the source of light that is essentially split into two beams. One of the beams is then deflected away from the target object to be ‘photographed’ and bounced around a few mirrors before it is directed at the object. So effectively what we have is a beam of light split and then one half is sent on a longer route to the target object. The two beams then strike the object and the reflected light is then scattered and ‘collected’ on a photographic film. The film is then processed in the normal way that any photo is processed using chemicals and wotnot.

So, since the laser used is set at a specific frequency it is actually true to say that the mylar film has indeed been treated with energy waves (laser light)at a specific frequency.

It’s just another way of saying it’s a photo.

juan
    Free Member

I found it frankly ironing that people believe in the 80£ placebo effect of the odd 40grs saving in buying a XT/XTR cassette rather than a SLX/XT but not that.
    As I said not a conclusive proof, but if it helps a little bit why not. It still is cheaper than a XTR cassette 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Sticks XTR cassette on scales and then compares to XT and SLX ones.

Yep, definitely lighter. Measurable. Will it make you significantly faster/more attractive/etc? No but it’s not lying about what it does.

toys19
    Free Member

So, since the laser used is set at a specific frequency it is actually true to say that the mylar film has indeed been treated with energy waves (laser light)at a specific frequency.

Indeed any plastic product will have been treated with energy, the heater in the screw of the moulding machine will probs run on AC at 400Hz depending on system specs. I say get some nice tiddly winks and keep them in your pocket. You can get 144 of them here for 6.99 that’s approx 5 p each. Shall we club together and buy in bulk?

JonR
    Free Member

Indeed any plastic product will have been treated with energy, the heater in the screw of the moulding machine will probs run on smoothed DC converted from AC at either 50hZ or up to 400Hz. I say get some nice tiddly winks and keep them in your pocket. You can get 144 of them here for 6.99 that’s approx 5 p each. Shall we club together and buy in bulk?

You’ll get nowhere calling them “tiddly winks”. They are direct energy discs created using the same direction of energy that some believe flows in lay lines across the world and diverge at mysterious ancient sites such as Stonehenge. By channeling it many have felt benifits in their balance.

and your bank balance.

toys19
    Free Member

You’ll get nowhere calling them “tiddly winks”. They are direct energy discs created using the same direction of energy that some believe flows in lay lines across the world and diverge at mysterious ancient sites such as Stonehenge. By channeling it many have felt benifits in their balance.

and your bank balance.

Ooops consider me educated 😳 thanks.

philconsequence
    Free Member

OK, i think this is the right thread to put this out there:

I’ve been secretly developing “Faster Phils Faster Fills” sticks for a couple of years now, this product is aimed at drummers who want to play fills is a higher speed and generally improve their drumming, co-ordination, timing and rhythm… as well as their future.

The new Faster Phils Faster Fills sticks are tuned to be in perfect harmony with your bodies natural frequency, with no stages inbetween your hands and the sticks, you’ll find they respond to your exact movements, even if you speed up!

With practice and the new confidence that can only be gained by paying me 60pounds you’ll find your drumming will improve.

Our Sticks are stored in a room that contains both a dream catcher near the window and a small glass “angel” that i’ve been assured by an angel therapist will ensure no bad energy waves will reach your sticks. I have had a Tarot reading to double check and apparently if i work hard my future might be better, so rest assured lots of ahrd work ahs gone into these sticks.

Who wants one?*

*sticks may be the cheapest sticks i can find at the local music shop but with “phils” written on the side in permanent marker, drummers must practice to enjoy the new skills provided by Faster Phils Faster Fills Sticks.

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘CRC now selling snake oil’ is closed to new replies.