Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • CRC mistake…
  • mrwhyte
    Free Member

Just ordered what I thought would be two sets of Nukeproof XT pads… they have sent two BOXES instead. Where do I stand with this? part of me thinks make them aware, the other is saying, I am sorted for life with pads. I have only been charged for the two sets.

downhilldave

Be nice, send them back

jeffl

I’d drop them an email explaining the situation and ask what they want you to do about it. If not Karma would come round and kick you in the arse!

Murray

Tell them – they’ll let you keep them (probably) and your karma will go up.

sandwicheater

Rollocks to Karma, just tell them you have them and use the return label to post them back.

chored
    Free Member

I once ordered a set of (somewhat overpriced) chainring bolts from them and they accidentally sent me 10 sets instead of 1. Contacted them and arranged to have them sent back and they gave me a money off voucher for my honesty.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I ordered 2 set of olives to shorten my XT brake hoses months ago, they sent me 20 – I emailed them, they never replied.

Most recently I ordered a helmet, tyre and 2 sets of brake pads, got an email from Royal Mail to say it had been delivered, but it hadn’t – so I e-mailed them to ask about it, they replied they were looking into it – 5 days later, nothing. Turns out they had arrvied, but someone in work put them on a shelf for a job thinking it was work stuff – which is lucky, they still haven’t come back to me.

Perhaps Wiggle can improve things.

Yak

Same as chored. I spoke to CRC, posted the stuff back and then got some vouchers. Instant karma!

Northwind

They sent me IIRC 12 sets of XTR cables once instead of the one I’d ordered. I sent 11 back and they “refunded” me the value of 11 cable sets. Then when I tried to sort that nobody could figure out how to fix it. Got there in the end but it was trying my patience a little 😆

cyclistm
    Free Member

If you intend to keep them, I wouldn’t post it on a public forum.

On this basis I reckon your options are limited.

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member
    They sent me IIRC 12 sets of XTR cables once instead of the one I’d ordered. I sent 11 back and they “refunded” me the value of 11 cable sets. Then when I tried to sort that nobody could figure out how to fix it. Got there in the end but it was trying my patience a little

I think I’d have sid “don’t worry about it” at the point where they struggled to un-refund me 11 times my money

longmover
    Free Member

I once order a jacket from wiggle and they sent me said jacket and two pairs of running spikes, I told them and they gave me £10 voucher, I sent them back and when they received them I was sent another voucher for £10.

mrwhyte
    Free Member

Just phoned them and did the honest thing. They are sending me a few gift vouchers as a thank you.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have had this happen a number of times and not only with CRC. Depending on the items CRC’s response is inevitably ‘keep <the items> and make good use of them or dispose of <the items> considerately’

Other retailers have asked for the extra items back and then refunded me 🙄

shortyj15

Just email them.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

You were always going to send them back, OP.

Otherwise you wouldn’t have been foolish enough to post on a public forum which is probably used by CRC employees 😉

lunge

They sent me 2 bikes once, 2 Kona MinUte’s in fact, so not exactly a small or light item. I mailed them back and got some vouchers. I did present them with a small problem that the courier would have to pick the spare bike up at a weekend as I wasn’t prepared to take time of work to wait for them.

warpcow
    Free Member

An order I made last year should have included 2m of SP41 cable outer, amongst other things. Everything was correct except they sent 20m, not 2. They didn’t reply to my email so I’m set for the foreseeable future on the cable front.

medoramas
    Free Member

You posted in wrong section, obviously! “For Sale” is few buttons further! 😆

dryroasted
    Free Member

They once sent me an extra meter of gear cable, i took my chance and kept it

eskay

Order some more 😈

shakers97
    Free Member

If you send them back they’ll investigate the error and some poor warehouse worker on minimum wage will get in trouble. He may even lose his job and he almost certainly has kids, loads of them, probably 9 or 10.

Flaperon

Chain Reaction read this forum. Pretty sure they can figure out who they’ve accidentally sent two boxes of pads to and whether they’ve been honest about it or not…

iain1775
    Free Member

Just ordered what I thought would be two sets of Nukeproof XT pads… they have sent two BOXES instead.

If they use a massive box for one set of pads what size box do they put two boxes of pads in?
    Probably easier for you to keep them than they get the Antonov back over from Ukraine for the return

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘CRC mistake…’ is closed to new replies.