Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • CRC Llandovery – full route
  • Twodogs

We thought we did the full 88km route, but it seemed to be only 77ish….did we miss something? good course tho’…at least the first half was – and some tough climbs!

rickon
    Free Member

My team mate got 83km on his computer. Course was great fun, lots of road – but TBH I really like road sections at the moment, they were swoopy, steep and fast.

I had a big off on one of the descents, where my front wheel hit a half buried log and exited me sideways off the bike.

Also followed someone the wrong way and had a couple of bonus climbs – all good training though 🙂

I got very confused when I saw very clean people at random parts of the course, when I was caked in mud. Realised that the 50 and 70k courses interweaved over the 88k course.

I thought the signs were very good indeed, except one where I was leading the pack and got to two gates in a road with no sign – we all stood around looking at each other for a bit, road back down the road and realised we probbaly just went straight on. Someone mentioned there should have been Benny Hill music. I agreed.

Finished 11th in the Open male category.

Good fun.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I signed up for the 48k but made a choice to take the 70k route at the switch. LOTS of mud, dropped it on one of the wet exposed rock sections so sore today. Who was doing the photos at the stream crossing? I want a pic!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Buttscratcher
    Free Member
    rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Just sorting pics now, but they won’t be available until Wednesday as it takes time to sort/adjust/upload/tag. The watersplash was a bit random due to scudding clouds, bright sunshine and the vigour of the splashing and different lines that people took. But if you’re lucky I might have caught you doing something like this:

mattsccm
    Free Member

I sat on the hill on the Epynt ranges watching a whole heap of souls flogging up a long gravel road. Wondered what was going on. Looked fun

baccodaddy
    Free Member

i had to stop due to injury so made my way home via my own route,was suprised to be overtaken by someone claiming to win the 50k coz i was approaching from the complete wrong direction,honest mistake but do like i did and ditch the bike before the finish dont roll over and take the glory,something must have gave him a clue when he went past me and looked at my number board and why i,d removed helmet and glasses

muddydwarf
    Free Member

It was a great event, weather was pretty bad on the Sat night/Sun morning and several people i spoke to had considered not turning up on the start line!

Some great scenery, from soft rolling hills and rich farmland to open moorland, steep mountainsides and mud-clogged forest singletrack.

At the above watersplash i was following another rider, i was knacked and bonking badly. Saw the water ahead and thought “bugger, not gonna be able to get across this, have to walk” when i saw the flash of the camera – i was determined not to be photoed pushing through the water so i rode it with gritted teeth!

*Bonked terribly about 500m further on, big thanks to the nice chap who gave me a couple of half-bars of High5 stuff that was enough to get me to the 60Km feed point – where i attempted to eat the entire stock!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘CRC Llandovery – full route’ is closed to new replies.