Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • CRC is this unacceptable??
  • teenrat

Last Monday, on the 20th, i ordered the Sunn S1 modeluar 29er for £739, 56% off the rrp. The day after, the price went upto £1699. 7 days on, i chased them to ask where my order was and was advised that it was ready for dispatch. I have now received an email syaing my order cannot be fulfilled. I rang them up and they say that the whole batch of bikes is damaged, yet i went on their website and they will still allow you to buy the bikes on their website. Is this just a load of rubbish and they want to sell them for the rrp so are making up stories?. Has anyone had this before??

ampthill

Well I haven’t got clue really but you invite theories

I think they picked up some cheap ones and advertised them cheap

you bought one

they then open some and find they are junk

So they start selling another batch they bought at full price

further investigation shows they are all junk and can’t meet you order

Sounds plausible but from your point of view APITA

njee20
    Free Member

Is this just a load of rubbish and they want to sell them for the rrp so are making up stories?

It may be, but they don’t have to sell you one, if they can’t fulfill the order they can’t. So not much that can be done.

Stoner
    Free Member

It does seem odd that they have all three S1 models marked as “Clearance” but only taken the 56% off the FS ones.

So either the HT was incorrectly listed in the clearance grouping and given the blanket 56% deduction of the rest of the range, realised their mistake RE the price but haven’t yet changed the “Clearance” tag, or it should be in clearance and there’s just a general bit of muck up while they sort themselves out and it will be on discount properly soon?

Or theyve sold them all/or the last ones are damaged in storage and they need to take them off the site completley.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

APITA

?? 😕

teenrat

njee20, maybe, but they’ll let me buy another for £1699.

Jamie
    Free Member

APITA

A Pain In The Arse.

njee20
    Free Member

Perhaps a pricing cock up that they don’t want to admit to.

teenrat

I priced up the components and frame etc, and i couldn’t build that bike for £739, so maybe it is a cock up on their part – but they’ve had my money for a week so should honour it.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’d give them a ring, explain the situation. Maybe they’ll sort something out.

teenrat

Spoke to them, and the crank arms hit the chainstays. They have over 100 of these in stock and cant sell them now. Trouble is, finding a similarly specced bike for the price, which i dont think is possible, although they say they will do the best price for me they can.

tomhoward

Spoke to them, and the crank arms hit the chainstays. They have over 100 of these in stock and cant sell them now.

Eh? Does sunn not test for things like that?

ampthill

Is it worth asking what they could let you have one for and then using the saving to change the cranks or even frame?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘CRC is this unacceptable??’ is closed to new replies.