Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • CRC internet shopping
  • kharim
    Free Member

Has anyone else eagerly awaited a parcel and to finally receive a very expensive empty box? I’ve never felt so gutted opening a parcel:( However, looking on the bright side it may have solved may internet shopping habit and that would cheer the wife up. 🙂

epo-aholic
    Free Member

not even a £10 off your next purchase voucher?? 🙂

kharim
    Free Member

Ta for the reminder, but no voucher or even sweets.

remoterob
    Free Member

Did you order air for your tyres?

kharim
    Free Member

As for air for my tires gives me an idea that I could get this sorted (refund/replacement) as surely consumer rights stuff must say something along the lines that the product must fit the description. I really didn’t order any air for my tires.

kharim
    Free Member

Come to think of it does anyone know what to do in this situation if the company doesn’t play ball?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I don’t quite understand what happened – you ordered something but got an empty box instead?

Its up to the seller to get the goods to you – they don’t then you are entitled to your money back
    I cannot imagine CRC will do anything but the right thing by you but if they don’t depending how you aid there are various avenues open to you

kharim
    Free Member

To be honest I was just slightly wound up after opening an empty box. It’s reassuring to know that I haven’t forked out for nothing and should be able to sort this out. Finally I will be able to get some sleep. Thanks

remoterob
    Free Member

Was the box the size of box you were expecting?

kharim
    Free Member

Yeah I’m sure it was the right box for the part ordered- problem is that there is no part in it.

smell_it
    Free Member

This is mountain biking, any chance you bought the emperor’s new clothes?

remoterob
    Free Member

On the video, the CRC system looked quite robust.

A person scans the item from a tote box into a cardboard box, then it is weighed and then the machine measures the height of the contents to determine the box size.

Seems odd that someone would pack an empty box and put it into the system.

DezB
    Free Member

I ordered a really tiny Shimano olive a while ago. Heavy(ish) box turned up, opened it and found some rather expensive Ergo grips inside.
    Couldn’t have been something useful could it? Swines.
    Phoned them and they sorted it.
    Thats a tip by the way – phone them, don’t email. Much easier and quick to get things sorted that way.

kharim
    Free Member

Phoned CRC and they were polite, apologetic, very understanding and offered a quick solution. Well done them very impressed! Well maybe I should hold back on the praise as there was no reply to my email and I will only be really happy once I have the part that I have paid for.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘CRC internet shopping’ is closed to new replies.