Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • CRC – If only I'd listened to you guys………………
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Another rant, I’ve seen the posts about how shocking they’ve become and ignored it, now I’ve experienced it for myself. Ordered a Ragley Piglet on the 10/05 and still not here, they have no excuses either, just shockingly bad customer services with not even an apology or an explanation.

wwaswas

cancel and go elsewhere? Plenty of places have stock now.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I will do today if they can’t promise it here for tomorrow. Never again.

stevenc
    Free Member

+1 for the above. Cancel the order. That’s a silly amount of time to be left waiting on stuff from CRC.

ton

never once have i had a bad experience from CRC.
    and i buy more stuff than the average bear…………… 8)

uplink
    Free Member

Not just CRC, I think a lot of the places are cutting back somewhere causing occasional delays

I ordered some instock brakes from Merlin on 22/4, they turned up 12/5
    I appreciated it was the day before Good Friday when I ordered them but it still seems a bit extreme
    Saying that, they still haven’t been fitted

teadrinker
    Free Member

See I never used too but now, saying that though they have finally just phoned me back and have faithfully promised it will be here tomorrow, still no apology but have promised. Last chance but won’t be using again. Seems to me that they have got so big now they don’t need to treat there customers like they used to.

wwaswas

I’ve heard Wiggle are a bit slow at the mo due to ‘unprecedented demand’.

No reason to doubt it’s demand over staff cuts at CRC really, I guess?

takisawa2

Same here, never had an issue. Ok, so its not as sharp as when they started out, but generally (for me) no worse than the rest.

kaesae
    Free Member

Social and economical meltdown, between companies that don’t have to give a shit and the royalfail, things just get worse and worse.

perthmtb
    Free Member

As a far too regular user of CRC & Wiggle, I’ve noticed them both using cheaper and slower postage methods lately, as well as reducing the range of items they sell and concentrating on the more popular (and presumabley more profitable) lines. I guess it’s just a sign they’re growing up and getting more serious about business… Oh, and they do just get busier this time of year as everyone makes purchases ready for the summer!

teadrinker
    Free Member

Not just CRC, I think a lot of the places are cutting back somewhere causing occasional delays

I ordered some instock brakes from Merlin on 22/4, they turned up 12/5
    I appreciated it was the day before Good Friday when I ordered them but it still seems a bit extreme
    Saying that, they still haven’t been fitted

I ordered a new brakes and wheelset yesterday from Merlins yesterday, out for delivery today according to City Link website. Never had a problem with Merlins, wish in a way they had more choice though but then saying that if they did they would probably go down the same route as CRC, Wiggle. If I could buy local I would but my LBS is no good apart from the mechanic, he is good.

Bream
    Free Member

There’s def something up at CRC, must be overly busy or something, placed a very simple order on Monday morning and it’s till being processed. Just lucky I ain’t in a rush for once 😀

Bream
    Free Member

Big bruther or what………..

Just arrived in my inbox, after I had posted 😯

Thank you for your recent order with chainreactioncycles.com.

Just a quick email to let you know that your delivery may arrive a little late, as we are currently managing unforeseen delays in our processing. We try our very best to ship your order as quickly as possible and we’re really sorry this has happened.

Please rest assured that we are doing everything we can to get your order to you on time.

‘What do I do next?’

There is no further action required from you as we are busy working on getting your order dispatched.

A confirmation email will be sent to you as soon as we dispatch the order.

Once again we apologise and hope this short delay does not inconvenience you any further.

Thank you for your patience,

Chain Reaction Cycles Customer Services

Bream
    Free Member

Followed by….

All of the items in this order have now been shipped. Track and Manage your orders https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/MyAccount/MyAccount.aspx Thanks from Chain Reaction Cycles Team http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

THE POWER OF STW IN ACTION 😆

stcolin
    Free Member

CRC site was playing up on Monday. Couldn’t select any of delivery method other than ‘free delivery’.

Went to the LBS instead, 10-15% more expensive, but got the bits I wanted in my hand, no fannying about.

Lost my faith in CRC, especially after being hit twice for card fraud.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

I ordered £400 worth of bits & bobs on Sun 15th, hoping for delivery by Thu 19th for a trip to the FoD. I made sure that everything was “in stock” even making some substitutions so that there would be no hold up.

The order finally arrived yesterday. No email to inform me that there was a delay to the order, and of course, no apology.

I’d like to make the grand gesture of sending the whole order back…like it will make a **** of a difference 😀 …but I’ve been waiting so long now that I need half of the stuff. The other half, mostly cloting, will go back.

Oh yeah, the clothing; 5 garments ordered and 3 are the wrong size!

Bag ‘o’ shite…

legend
    Free Member

I just had exactly the same couple of emails as Bream. Certainly something odd going on over there, wonder if they’ve got a new system going in or something?

Regardless, I’m still happy with them

uplink
    Free Member

My favourite, fastest shipper of stuff at the moment is High on Bikes

Half a dozen things ordered over the last couple of weeks, all have been with me the next day

teadrinker
    Free Member

I just received the email from them also, so phoned up and was told there just “generic emails as they have over 5000 customers they can’t deal with people individually”

mushrooms
    Free Member

Pay a bit more and go to one of the smaller shops!!

blackchrome
    Free Member

On top of all that has been said before, CRC seem to have ‘lost’ a number of customer’s card details, at least that’s what the bank told me when their fraud prevention team called me!

andytherocketeer

Ordered late on 15/5, got the email saying it’s been dispatched first thing on 18/5. Still waiting. I *assume* it’s Royal Fail that’s slacking rahter than CRC? Conveniently there’s no tracking, and on the last parcel (that was also slow delivery), there’s no human readable evidence on any paperwork or labels etc. as to when the parcel entered Royal Fail’s or DP/DHL’s systems. So I can’t tell where the weak link is, other than using normal post for something that a year or so back may well have been tracked via GLS or Parcelfarce.

supinerider
    Free Member

Ordered some pedals and grips. The pedals turned out to be out of stock (despite being in stock when I ordered). Got an email asking if I wanted to choose some others. Did so and was refunded the difference straight away and the stuff turned up pretty quickly.

They sent a £5 voucher to apologise. Not bad as I hadn’t really complained in the first place 🙂

dmiller
    Free Member

Hmmm – I got the same email as Bream did and havent heard anything else…

Think I might need to settle in for a long wait then. 🙁

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘CRC – If only I'd listened to you guys………………’ is closed to new replies.