Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • CRC have they stopped the free returns?
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Got a new helmet today, too small, but no free returns form inside. Have emailed them but no response yet.

scotroutes
    surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Cheers Colin I’ll use that C + link tomorrow.

andypandy85
    Free Member

I think mail order companies have to offer free returns by law…

coastkid
    Free Member

Sounds like someone forgot to stick a returns form inside?
    3 boxes this week from CRC, all with return slips 🙂

Support your local bike shops?, i did… and they did not support the customer!… CRC, Merlin, and SJS Cycles get my business 🙂

eltonerino
    Free Member

Nope. They can offer it if they want, but they don’t have to pay for you to return something.

rickon
    Free Member

Yep, they have to offer *returns* by law – distance selling regulations. But it doesn’t need to cover postage.

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh…

scotroutes

IIRC, they have to refund postage if there is a fault with the item, but not if it’s just that you don’t want/like it or it doesn’t fit etc.

Shackleton

As it is safety equipment you may not be allowed to return it unless faulty. Certainly the case with climbing helmets and gear bought by mail order. Probably worth checking before you send it back.

rickon
    Free Member

Certainly the case with climbing helmets and gear bought by mail order.

Wow. Didn’t know that, I thought distance selling regs still applied. I know I can send cycling helmets back.

dsb181
    Free Member

I have returned a helmet to CRC before, I ordered 2 sizes to try and see which was the better fit.
    You’ll have no problems returning yours.

sprocker
    Free Member

Think it depends on the size of the parcel I recently bought a bar of them which was to big for collect + which meant I would have to sort postage for return. Told £12 by RM so kept bar as rules do not cover postage.

townydc
    Free Member

“I have returned a helmet to CRC before, I ordered 2 sizes to try and see which was the better fit.
    You’ll have no problems returning yours.”

I ordered a large and medium Bell Super, returned the large last week via collect plus, no problems, refund received within 3 days.

However they took 10 days after ordering to arrive and I have just placed an order for some gloves and after 2 days they are still showing processing in the order status. I’m sure CRC used to be quicker than this normally 3 days maximum wait until goods were received.
    Maybe it’s the new years sale rush and the wrong time of year to expect a quick turn around?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Maybe it’s the new years sale rush and the wrong time of year to expect a quick turn around?

kind of ironic that as their business levels have dropped off a cliff since the new web site, their customer services can’t cope with the massive reduction in demand. My recent order for the esoteric Minion DH tyre order took 4 days just to process.

Does anybody with more than 20 minutes involvement in mountain biking believe the words “chain reaction” and “sale” have a meaningful connection?!

Northwind

crashtestmonkey – Member

Does anybody with more than 20 minutes involvement in mountain biking believe the words “chain reaction” and “sale” have a meaningful connection?!

IME they have a very meaningful, in fact permanent connection 😆

vincienup
    Free Member

Hah.

Free returns by law would be lovely but is certainly not the case (might be for genuine warranty – not sure)

I don’t actually buy much online if I can buy it locally without getting totally raped but occasionally I do. Granted, I’m spoiled for bike shops in Central Sheffield. Today, I needed to return some shoes that didn’t fit. Post office decided package was ‘bigger than a shoebox’ and 2nd class signed for was a tenner. This may actually be the push i needed to put my money where my mouth is on postage…

Certainly taken a big lump out of the bargain…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘CRC have they stopped the free returns?’ is closed to new replies.