Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • CRC Grrrrr
  • vinnyeh

Place order Thursday morning last week, item in stock so expect it to be posted that day, delivery at RM's convenience.
    No such joy, so Monday fire off an email to cancel. Monday night, order goes to completed. Friday night now, still nothing, and still no response to the email
    Now I know some of the delay is due to RM, but CRC have quite explicitly stated on their website that all in stock orders (which this appears to be) should be dispatched same day. But after three days?
    And if they go to the trouble of putting up a set of core values with their goals, including dispatch goals and sending an automated reply to my email stating they intend to get in touch within 12 hours then I wish they could achieve just one of those targets.

In contrast, order placed with on-one Friday arvo arrived Monday morning. No dramas.

rOcKeTdOg

putting up a set of core values with their goals

are you in marketing?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sounds shit

Underhill
    Free Member

Just for the sake of balanced argument, I've placed orders with CRC and had them delivered exactly when I expected.

CRC yaaay!

vinnyeh

are you in marketing?

🙄 That's management speak, not marketing. And their words, not mine.

iainc

I have found that in the last maybe year CRC orders have gone from next day delivery most of the time to 2 or 3 days on average. At the same time Wiggle have done the opposite, and Merlin are always next day. I think they all use a version of Royal Mail. weird…

neninja
    Free Member

Another CRC fan here – always been delivered promptly and any delays communicated. One cock up a few years ago when the wrong item was sent but dealt with quickly.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Some things are running slower at the moment as they are in the process of implementing voice picking – when this rolls out normal service will resume and get better.

richmars

Not slow here, ordered early Wednesday morning, here Thursday morning.

Kbrembo
    Free Member

I am also noticing delays… sometimes.

Still worth the wait though and many things are delivered super quick!

project
    Free Member

Go to Evans, Cycle surgery or Merlin they all price match and you get what you want then and there, and even get to talk to humans.

highclimber
    Free Member

maybe you should be directing your frustration to them rather than on here because no one on here really cares they haven't delivered the service you desire which, incidentally, is a free service!

cynic-al
    Free Member

which, incidentally, is a free service!

I give up.

vinnyeh

maybe you should be directing your frustration to them rather than on here because no one on here really cares they haven't delivered the service you desire which, incidentally, is a free service!

I have – if you'd digested my original post, then you'd see that I had mailed them, but hadn't had any reply beyond the automated.
    The service is not free- the cost of delivery is included in the purchase price.

I don't really care that you don't care, but I was wondering whether others had had similar experiences recently. It seems some have, and mundiesmiester has explained that they're undergoing some changes. So, it seems as if replies to my post have given me some explanation.

highclimber
    Free Member

I have – if you'd digested my original post, then you'd see that I had mailed them, but hadn't had any reply beond the automated

I did and I was referring to the fact that you last sent an email on monday and now you are complaining about it on here rather than picking up the phone to play hell with them?

The service is not free- the cost of delivery is included in the purchase price.

Royal Mail First Class to UK residence is Free according to their website. you can be cynical about the fact and claim that it's somehow part of the price of the item but I doubt it as you can't claim it's free if it isn't

rubberneck
    Free Member

payed for a pair of wheels to be built by CRC and then found the exact same wheels on ebay 10mins later for half the price,, used but mint,,, canx the order 10mins later but they me still charged me £30 for the cost of building the wheels ,,,,that was my last CRC purchase.

i just to had to get that of my chest

allthepies
    Free Member

payed ?

Woody
    Free Member

Had a quick check back on my recent orders and 2 out of 8 were not sent on the day of order.

The 2 'failed' orders were placed at 1013 and 1426. I can live with that, especially the 1426, which I realistically didn't expect next day although it would have been not so long ago.

To the OP – I would recommend calling them as there is definitely a delay in processing and updating their system. They may have received your email and canx the order rather than 'completed'. Has money been debited or refunded to your account?

aracer
    Free Member

My last two orders haven't gone out the same day – the latest one was placed at about 12:30am, so no real reason why they shouldn't have been able to dispatch same day! Not a hugely significant thing, but it does make me a lot less likely to use them for something I need urgently – previously I always expected (and got) next day delivery.

iainc

aracer – pretty much my point too. They used to be my first choice of the 3 (CRC, Merlin, Wiggle), probably not now, but I still buy and like the service overall, maybe they don't just stand out now, which they did awhile back.

(and I did order from them last week, and the goods turned up and are spot on)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘CRC Grrrrr’ is closed to new replies.