Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • CRC excessive packaging – anyone else?
  • dirkpitt74

So earlier in the week I ordered a brand-x dropper, Shimano gear cables, chain, headset and some tubeless valves – had them sent to work as it’s just easier than faffing going to the post office or arguing with Yodel.

So I got a text yesterday saying it had been delivered (by Yodel…) – great!

Get to work today and there is a wheel box standing on top of my desk – wtf?

I did think that Yodel or CRC had messed up here and sent me some one else’s order.

Nope – I opened the box and there at the very bottom were said items.

I had a spare smaller box under my desk – items now repacked into something sensible sized for the journey home.

Anyone else had this?

Only one I had that was better was when I ordered 2 sets of 18650 batteries of Amazon. One set arrived in a cardboard envelope – the other set came in a huge Amazon box well protected with that inflatable padding and scrunched up paper.

phil5556

Yeah they went my Brand X dropper in a box that was over a meter tall.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

They have been inspired by Amazon’s packaging this year, we’ve had some crazy excessively big boxes arrive for small items.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spacehopper

Contents: 1 brake cable!

(and an enormous drum that previously had 100 or so cables on it..)

martinkiely
    Free Member

Same here – one order had 5 items, I got three boxes of increasing size (the biggest one being the size of a printer) and a small jiffy bag – the whole order could have fitted in the jiffy bag….

chakaping
    Free Member

I have been known to use their free returns service with similarly disproportionate packaging.

See how they like a taste of their own medicine, eh?

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Its because carriers ship by weight rather than by volume so they get rid of whatever box they have handy.

medoramas
    Free Member

Yeah, got a bottle of chain oil the other day in a box my cat used for “I sitz” purposes for few days…

plus-one

I thought they maybe have a beef with Royal Mail? 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

jealous your orders have arrived mine has taken so long i have forgotten what i ordered

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘CRC excessive packaging – anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.