Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • CRC delivery question.
  • daern
    Free Member

Chatted to CRC again – “This order was only raised on Wednesday afternoon”.

This surprised me as I received the confirmation email at lunchtime on Tuesday, their own website says it would ship on Tuesday and, even allowing for that, I had already been told it would definitely ship no later than Wednesday.

I’ve been asked to provide some additional details for their IT team to look into, but I’m less than impressed as I really needed this stuff for the weekend and it’s now not going to arrive before next week (if I’m lucky!) 🙁

Sigh. First really bad experience with CRC.

jonnyboi

Managed to get through on live chat. Guy was pretty honest and told me that they haven’t got sight of much info due to the warehouse relocation so he has no idea where my bike is in the build/dispatch queue, apart from it hasn’t been shipped yet.

They are as confused as me as to why I got a text from parcel force saying it was out for delivery, even asked for a screenshot

dirkpitt74

Ordered a couple of tops and a bottle cage nearly 2 weeks ago from CRC.
    Said it had been dispatched and when I checked they’d split the order into 2 – one for tops & other for cage.
    Tops arrived next day from Royal Mail, cage was sent with Yodel….
    It never arrived, had an email saying it was ‘lost in post’ and refunded the postage costs and if I wanted would send another one.
    My re-ordered cage finally arrived today – over a week after it was re-ordered.

It’s a shame that CRC have sold out to Wiggle – since then the deliveries have been shocking.

Fagus
    Free Member

I placed an order on Tuesday – they were the only place to have stock.
    E-mail on Tuesday afternoon with tracking number saying item had been dispatched.
    Just check RM tracking and they say that sender (CRC) has informed them (RM) that the item will soon be with them for delivery.
    So CRC have lied when they said it had been dipatched.
    Time to pull the plug on these cowboys.

richardthird

Hmm, my order got split too. One half got a std looking 13 digit ‘…GB’ Royal Mail tracking number, which RM don’t recognise.

Other part of order seems to be on it’s way from Wiggle.

nickhit3
    Free Member

UPDATE: parcel delivered. I have to collect it from a mailroom at work but i believe its here. I didn’t receive a RM ‘out for delivery’ email as i have had before, but the previous DMC tracking i followed above gave me all the updates on its progress. Provided I can rescue it from our mail room i would say that’s a decent service, as expected in 4 working days, for free. The ‘tracking code’ supplied to me is a misnomer but i wouldn’t be surprised if that is amended soon.

So CRC have lied when they said it had been dipatched.
    Time to pull the plug on these cowboys.

I would’t be so hasty there, no one is “lying”- it’s entirely normal for a retailer to notify a dispatch (via email for instance) before it enters the courier/postal service system. Seen that dozens of times, my orders always follow that pattern- a non issue. Tracking info that doesn’t check out IS an issue that needs sorting however, that seems sloppy and was the thrust of my original post.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ordered Sunday, only just in RM’s national distribution centre today. However to be fair as I mentioned earlier they did say storm Ophelia would cause a delay. That said, they said that after dispatch notice on Tue.

Always found that CRC said they’ve dispatched but then RM evidence shows it’s not actually with them until a day or two later.

Got further issues with Wiggle also, but that’s another story. Stock screw up again, but this time shipped, but wrong item sent. It’s not even an item they stock supposedly! (though similar item, just very much the wrong item). Faff with item return and trying to get correct one sent out, with of course the usual deadline by when I need it and now uncertainty if/when I’ll get it.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Stock screw up again, but this time shipped, but wrong item sent.

that is annoying.

CRC are certainly not what they were. I think the next time it might be looking like a German retailer getting my £££

richardthird

The thing I ordered actually from Wiggle on Tues just arrived via Yodel.

Which is extremely lucky as we had an earlier email from Yodel for another parcel (doesnt say who from) which has been put in a Safe Place as the card says which has been put through our letterbox.

Except, I’ve been in all day and no card through our letterbox so it’s probably in a neighbour’s bin not ours, I checked just in case.

Bin day tomorrow 🙄

nickhit3
    Free Member

Except, I’ve been in all day and no card through our letterbox so it’s probably in a neighbour’s bin not ours, I checked just in case.

man, that is terrible. Been there before with Yodel but not just them. The last CRC delivery was ironically Yodel. Tossed my parcel over the fence..which was ‘ok’ in this instance as it was a downhill tyre after all but still.. the card i did get through the letterbox was illegible. I think he spelt ‘garden’ with an h and an f.

their tracking also pretty bad- iirc you’re just a number in a drop off WITH NO TIME, so utterly meaningless 😆

deadkenny
    Free Member

Yeah, started off day 75th in the queue, time was between 7am and 7pm. Got to 6.30pm and I was next in the queue.

daern
    Free Member

Hmm. Still no shipping notification. If it doesn’t ship by tomorrow, I’m cancelling the order and I don’t care if I have to pay more elsewhere. Rubbish 🙁

cardo

All of the above has answered why the brake pads I ordered on the 8th haven’t arrived yet..
    Bugger….

legend
    Free Member

Bike shipped this morning! Except it’s not actually been picked up by Parcelfarce of course

richardthird

Ordered a frameset from China on 11th. Arrived UK 13th. Let’s see what mess Parcel force make of it.

jonnyboi

still waiting, now 10 days since order. The second tracking number I was sent has now jumped to ‘national hub’

the text message I got confirming delivery yesterday was funny.

tomhoward

I ordered some knee pads on sat eve from CRC, they arrived Monday morning, via Yodel.

HTH

wukfit
    Free Member

I ordered some forks on Thursday, were in stock all weekend but now out of stock….. order is still processing
    Emailed customer services to ask what was happening, they’ve just got back to me apologising for sending me the wrong item!!!

jonnyboi

I ordered some knee pads on sat eve from CRC, they arrived Monday morning, via Yodel.

HTH

yes, hugely. hope they work

legend
    Free Member

I’m now very much in the hands of Parcelforce 🙁 He was at McDonalds around 11.00 this morning, now he’s moved around a mile up the road from there and the map hasn’t changed since. Delivery was supposed to be between 11.20 and 12.20, I love Parcelforce…

daern
    Free Member

BTW, after a pile of mucking about, my stuff finally shipped on Friday and was delivered on Saturday by Yodel. Order didn’t come from NI – I think this might be my first CRC order shipped from England.

In the end, all worked out ok and me and CRC are friends again 😉

jonnyboi

It’s now in another delivery depot being ‘prepared for delivery’

How do they ‘prepare’ it? …..’ now, don’t be nervous but tomorrow we are going to take you to live with a nice man’

beefheart
    Free Member

How do they ‘prepare’ it?

My guess is mark it as sent, wait a few days, check if they actually have any in stock, order some more, wait a few more days, then put a random item in a giant cardboard box and send it with Yodel, get work experience kid to handle emails, lose returned item then deny receiving it, keep your money and laugh.

I’m not bitter.

oldeh
    Free Member

had problems with CRC showing items in stock when they aren’t this week.
    ordered a chainring. package comes but its the wrong one. item is returned and crc say they’ll send out the correct one. next day I get an email saying its not available and they’ll refund me. ok. So I order a different one, pay, order goes through. Then get another email the day after saying that one is now out of stock! never had any issues with crc before (probably just luck.

legend
    Free Member

Parcelforce did arrive in the end, box didn’t even look battered! Gear indexing was way off, rear brake didn’t look like they’d even tried to align it. Easily fixed but that would be a trip to the lbs for some folk

jonnyboi

its arrived! built totally wrong, brake cables all twisted under downtube.

according to parcel force it’s still out for delivery and the tracker shows the van still at the depot… 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘CRC delivery question.’ is closed to new replies.