Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • CRC delivery question.
  • nickhit3
    Free Member

so i have a parcel marked as dispatched via RM but I have a tracking number unlike anything I’ve ever seen supplied by an online retailer.. its not recognised in either RM or Parcel Force’s system.

I’m aware checking the tracking too soon after dispatch means you wont get up to date info until well into its journey but the code supplied isn’t recognised. Only ever had tracking numbers that are recognised AND show up during the delivery period, and not seen this before with CRC.

What gives?

mcnultycop

My bike arrived from them before the tracking number even registered on parcelforce.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

tracking number unlike anything I’ve ever seen

What’s the format?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Splash-man
    Free Member

I had a similar thing the other week. The tracking number stated on line was garbage. I had to wait until Royal Mail sent me a text in the morning to say they were going to delivery it that day.
    Another order I placed the same week came through with the tracking details correct.
    Might be something to do with some order being despatched by Wiggle (apparently)

nickhit3
    Free Member

What’s the format?

12 characters, starts DMC.. the only numbers are 0 and 4 and it doesnt end with GB which is what i am used to. RM tracking numbers are typically 13 characters iirc.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

^^^^That i believe will be royal mail 1st or 2nd class tracked. It’s not really a tracking number, by tracked they refer to the texting service etc. rather than being able to track it, is very much still post not a courier service.

I’m sure crc/wiggle can initiate a trace on list items using the number but it is essentially a gibberish parcel number only. I’m guessing you didn’t need to sign for it splash?

nickhit3
    Free Member

^^^^That i believe will be royal mail 1st or 2nd class tracked. It’s not really a tracking number, by tracked they refer to the texting service etc. rather than being able to track it, is very much still post not a courier service.

right.. clear as mud from CRC then lol

looking back my previous orders all have legit RM/PF tracking numbers. I dont recall consenting to text updates or inputting my number but it may be on file with them for all i know! The ‘courier’ is listed as ‘ROYALMAILTRKNOOBA’ with ‘RMTRACKEDHVNOSIG’ as shipping method.

honourablegeorge

Does it mention HDN? CRC are involved with Yodel now

deadkenny
    Free Member

Does take a while to pop up on RM’s system. Are you using the link from CRC as that may go to whatever courier system they’ve used for that order, in case it’s not actually RM?

Note however, I’ve got a dispatch email but also from CRC…

“Unfortunately, as a result of Storm Ophelia, there is likely to be a delay of at least 24 hours in the delivery of your order”

add that on top of the 3-5 days, and in my case I’m lucky if it’s ever earlier than 5 with CRC (never understand how people get next day, even when not using next day delivery. Though when I’ve paid for next day in the past, it’s actually taken longer).

nickhit3
    Free Member

Does it mention HDN?

nope. not anywhere that i can see.

as i said above:

The ‘courier’ is listed as ‘ROYALMAILTRKNOOBA’ with ‘RMTRACKEDHVNOSIG’ as shipping method.

Are you using the link from CRC as that may go to whatever courier system they’ve used for that order, in case it’s not actually RM?

yeah, im looking via the email link and via he web/orders page. i would assume its RM given the above..

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yep crc have gone down the pan recently. Late orders and usually a week delivery now. Used to be awesome and usually next day delivery. Real shame.

I know they are going through warehouse moves but over the last 6 months things have got worse…. the final nail in the coffin for me is that my last few orders have been delivered by bloody yodel. Yodel! So far I have found packages left on my front doorstep and in the blue bin (on bin day)…oh an still chasing two orders from Monday last week. Tracking number not recognised and crc are looking into it. Grrrrrrrrrr.

No problem with the Germans… Ordered stuff from Rose & bikeshop.de Wednesday last week and delivered Friday by my great dpd driver.

teadrinker
    Free Member

same issues here. I ordered a Mavic XA wheelset 2 weeks ago, they gave me tracking info after a week of for Yodel 😯

As of today no wheelset and Yodel and CRC don’t know where it is. Currently awaiting a refund.

jonnyboi

I have a bike ordered, CRC shows the order as still processing, RM sent me a text yesterday saying it will be delivered today, the tracking number included in the text says ‘notification service’ for location and ‘advised not received’ as the tracking event. It’s been like this since 10am yesterday

Not surprisingly it hasn’t arrived

richardthird

Hmm ordered their ‘last’ red Fatsno hub this pm, just had despatch advice with the normal RM tracking no on.

Splash-man
    Free Member

@dangebrain – no I didn’t have to sign for it but the parcel I got a couple of days later was delivered in the same manner but had the tracking number.
    I’ve also noticed despatches arecgetting slower. You receive an email saying it’s been despatched but it doesn’t register as being with Royal Mail for a couple days.

Yodel ? Noooooooooooooooooo

legend
    Free Member

All bike builds this week now delayed by at least 24hrs because of the storm. Not sure whether to give them that one or not

gerti
    Free Member

Almost 2 weeks waiting on 2 Conti touring plus tyres…

I believe they’re currently moving the warehouse from Doagh (NI) to Englandshire Wiggle warehouse, so that’s causing the hold ups.

At least I’m not in a rush for my tyres.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Well I’ll keep ppl posted on the outcome. I haven’t paid for expedited delivery so I’ll see when it turns up. Not really bothered but found the tracking info odd that’s all… I’m not a frequent CRC buyer these days but the last few items I’ve bought over the last 18months/2 years have all arrived in a timely fashion and I’ve never had an issue so far.

It’s interesting hearing others experiences but if I’m honest the peak for CRC that I remember was 10 years ago- that seemed to be a golden period of almost instantaneous delivery and keen prices. I still find them cheapest for a lot of components, YMMV… if anyone has experience of the odd tracking number thing then let me know.

beefheart
    Free Member

Really gone downhill. Used to be my online bike shop of choice, but they lost an item I returned and refuse to refund.
    PayPal say it was delivered so won’t refund either, and Royal Mail will only deal with CRC as it was their returns slip.

rocketman
    Free Member

The ‘courier’ is listed as ‘ROYALMAILTRKNOOBA’ with ‘RMTRACKEDHVNOSIG’ as shipping method

Yeah I got the same thing last week. A number of items in the order, some came from Ballyclare some from Bilston

So much stock moving to Wiggle I guess the orders are processed by whoever has the item.

Must admit the last couple of months delivery has been terrible. Ordered at the weekend maybe possibly get it by the next weekend. Tend to use other suppliers now even the smaller ones have good customer service and sharpish delivery

Merlin, Wiggle themselves, Tweeks, Evans, Westbrook, Triton, xcracer, Superstar all deliver in a day or two using RM.

Unfortunate that this has happened to CRC because if you want something obscure/different they still have a great choice

legend
    Free Member

Thought I’d go a bit wild this morning and phone CRC…… “Our phone lines have been closed because of the storm” ffs!

nickhit3
    Free Member

Yeah I got the same thing last week. A number of items in the order, some came from Ballyclare some from Bilston

Did the items arrive in a reasonable time, and was it free delivery like mine was?

nickhit3
    Free Member

Not sure whether to give them that one or not

lol seems fair enough..

rocketman
    Free Member

Did the items arrive in a reasonable time, and was it free delivery like mine was?

Yup Royal Mail. Got the despatch notification a couple of days after ordering then 1 week for one of the parcels to be delivered and 8 days for the other.

The tracking number in the despatch email was like yours – unrecognised on the RM website. When I got the ‘out for delivery’ email from RM the tracking number was completely different.

Give it a week & good luck

nickhit3
    Free Member

1 week for one of the parcels to be delivered and 8 days for the other.

that’s pretty bad tbh. will wait and update when it arrives..

Fagus
    Free Member

CRC service has gone to pot since Wiggle took over. Easily a week for delivery and tracking is little use. They sent me some tyres that were shown as having left the depot for delivery. Never arrived. When I took it up with CRC I was told it was a mix up and they were out of stock. Didn’t understand that.

Very sad but they are not what they used to be.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

as above since wiggle bought crc its all gone pair shaped
    long delivery times when they used to be 48 hrs max
    pricing is a joke & the stock is witling down to what You would expect for wiggle

I no longer use wither of them and 10 yrs ago wiggle was all I used
    ive still saved a email from when they damaged a new bike and said in reply to the images that’s just a few premature scratchers any bike will pick up-I agree before use and by me not when new and in transit
    utter morons

daern
    Free Member

Hmm, ordered from CRC yesterday morning and paid the £2.99 for expedited shipping. Hasn’t even dispatched yet… 🙁

Didn’t think about the storm though. Perhaps they have some issues to contend with.

wesutf1
    Free Member

http://dm4.metapack.com/metatrack/

Stick your DMC style tracking numbers into the “DM Consignment Code” box and then hit “find consignment”. You should probably then be able to click on “Visit tracking site” to get to the royal mail site.

Seems to work for the three orders I’m waiting on from them at the moment.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Stick your DMC style tracking numbers into the “DM Consignment Code” box and then hit “find consignment”. You should probably then be able to click on “Visit tracking site” to get to the royal mail site.

Seems to work for the three orders I’m waiting on from them at the moment.

nice! Many thanks, that worked. To my surprise, it actually states est delivery between “06:31 BST – 17:00 Tomorrow BST”

that search threw up a traditional ‘GB’ royal mail code, and indeed its showing on the RM system. Received this morning at a ‘national distribution centre -7:14am’

presumably there’s a loop to close with their distribution where normal tracking codes are not generated, and in their place are the DMC ones… hmm.

inverjoe
    Free Member

Ordered 3 items, 1st item arrived on Day 8 from wiggle, second item arrived on morning of day 9 and third item arrived late afternoon of day 9 from CRC. This was pre ophelia… not good…

gelert
    Free Member

CRC just took 6 days to deliver something that was in stock and I paid extra for Premium Delivery. Nobody else had the item in stock so I had to use CRC.

The tracking number on CRC was garbage when it appeared the other day.

An email from Yodel arrived this morning with a different (and correct) tracking number and said it was a parcel from Wiggle and would be delivered today. The item arrived just now.

Luckily I was in no rush for it but I’m guessing it would be another week if I hadn’t paid for the “premium” service.

Usually ordering last Thursday on Premium CRC would have delivered on Friday or Saturday… last week.

Things not going too well with the merger?

jonnyboi

A couple of things I remember about mergers from my time in uni

1. the companies are usually more inefficient due to the merger making them inwards focused rather than outward.

2. a large proportion of companies never realize the full efficiencies or improved profits they expected to make pre merger, some of them can expect to be less profitable as a result of the merger.

daern
    Free Member

CRC say that they will ship my order tonight (ordered yesterday), so we’ll see what happens…

jonnyboi

emails to customer service are getting an automated reply saying they are closed due to hurricane Ophelia….

daern
    Free Member

emails to customer service are getting an automated reply saying they are closed due to hurricane Ophelia….

I used live chat, although it took a few refreshes before it worked!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

wesutf1 – Member

Thanks for that link wesutf1.
    It tells me that as of 16:20 on 18/10…
    . Parcel with Sender. Chain Reaction Cycles
    . Last updated: October 12, 2017 at 22:51

CRC really are bloody hopeless at the moment!
    Wish I’d gone to zee Germans.

daern
    Free Member

Nope, despite promising to ship today, my order is still processing. Not impressed – if I’d ordered from someone else, I’d have it tomorrow.

Sigh, back onto them tomorrow.

breadcrumb

I’ve part of an order still processing since 26th September.

Emailed a couple of weeks ago and never got a reply, poor show chain reaction.

teadrinker
    Free Member

my wheels are still lost with Yodel, although they claim they never picked them up. I finally received a refund. Ordered a new wheelset with Tredz for cheaper and they turned up next day. I understand with the stock move that things may be a bit chaotic for a short while but using Yodel is a massive no no in my book so I won’t be using them anymore.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘CRC delivery question.’ is closed to new replies.