Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Crc deliveries
  • reedspeed
    Free Member

Issit me or has crc deliveries got longer ?.the last few things I’ve bought have taken about a week,I’m sure it only used to take about 48hrs.

I know they give you the option to upgrade but surely the normal free service should be quicker !.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I know they give you the option to upgrade but surely the normal free service should be quicker !.

If the free was good then you wouldn’t pay to upgrade….

reedspeed
    Free Member

Never thought of that !,lol ..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sniffy
    Free Member

same experience here, ordered on Tuesday but not posted till Saturday, the bits did arrive monday PM though – wonder if they are busy. hope they’ve not changed the way they post as it puts them above the rest

zero-cool
    Free Member

It does seem to vary. Order a jersey on Wednesday evening and it was here Friday morning. But a few weeks ago it took 7 days for a helmet. And some shorts never arrived (although after contacting them they did send them out the next day).

Tom kp

superstu
    Free Member

Can honestly say I have not noticed a difference. Parts still posted within a day and with me soon after. Even a full bike was with me less than a week after ordering

Jamie
    Free Member

It does seem to vary. Last week I ordered stuff on the Tuesday and Thursday. Got a dispatch email form the Thursday delivery that day, but didn’t get one for the the Tuesday order till the Friday.

It’s just one of those things, and if you allow 3-5 days, then you’ll never be disappointed. Also, I am happy in the knowledge that the item(s) are actually on their way, unlike Tredz where the first 2-3 days are a gamble to see whether they have the in stock items in stock.

I must admit, I am big fan of Wiggles tracked service. As being able to know the day an order is coming, is very handy sometimes. Similar time scales, but nice to have the info.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Don’t bike shops always get busy once the weather turns nice?

Euro
    Free Member

We are experiencing a rare phenomenon over here at the minute so i’d guess most of the staff are calling in dry dusty trails sick.

rocketman
    Free Member

Issit me or has crc deliveries got longer

They’re consistently on fire with deliveries to sunny Stafford

Order before 12 pretty much guaranteed next day delivery. The trick is to place individual orders so they just stuff the item in a box and throw it in the van

Merlin also very fast but they are only up the road

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member

I’m usually about 3 days for CRC. Interestingly my experience of paying more for guaranteed next day is that what it guarantees is that it will not turn up the next day. It’s never worked for me, and a friend has had the same experience.

mrhoppy

Ordered on Tuesday am, didn’t dispatch until Monday morning for me. They’ve been the slowest of all the companies I’ve ordered parts for my new build from.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

went through a period of being poor but last couple have been almost back to their heyday, dispatched within hours (including on a sunday) and received within a day or 2. I’d had previous orders take 5+days to be dispatched.

They’re consistently on fire with deliveries to sunny Stafford
    Order before 12 pretty much guaranteed next day delivery

which was their norm that we all got used to.

I think they use multiple warehouses/locations now (they say multiple orders might come from different locations at different times) so efficiency might depend where your item is held?

thegman67

My orders always arrive within two days with standard post

hughjengin
    Free Member

Yep, same experience here. I know we all expect miracles from these companies even when using their free postage option, but yes its the length of time its taken my last order even to be picked thats not the norm for them.
    I ordered bits off wiggle and bits off CRC within 5 mins of each other for a new build I was doing. Ordered on a Tuesday at 11am both using the free postage option. Parts from Wiggle here delivered and fitted to my new frame by cocoa time on Wednesday, parts from CRC didnt get picked from the warehouse until Friday and were delivered on Monday

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Interestingly my experience of paying more for guaranteed next day is that what it guarantees is that it will not turn up the next day.

Ha, me too. I’ve only done it a couple of times, when stuff had pretty reliably been turning up the next day anyway but I was particularly keen to get it, and both times it didn’t work.

chip
    Free Member

Crc are always my first choice for parts, even if a few quid more I will go with them due to there Superb service.

But lately they have been slacker than usual , items taking longer to arrive some not picked for days, one no despatch notice for a week and had to put a call in.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come.

cookeaa

kayak23

Just noticed recently they’ve started charging for postage on orders under £9…

I’ll miss getting just a single brake olive in a bike box! 😀

mindmap3
    Free Member

My last few orders have been dispatched really quickly (normally the same day). Can’t blame them for charging for really small orders, especially now they use the silly boxes. I’ve been guilty of ordering really small things from them in the past, although their stock of silly small but important parts isn’t what it was.

I seem to have issues with Wiggle – they seem to take a while to dispatch my stuff but their tracked service with text messages etc is brilliant. CRC could learn a bit there.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

CRC always two days for me, pretty much no change for five years I have been using them. Always use standard service unless I’ve broken something and need it urgently.

Dare say I will get flamed for this, but Evans delivery times are very good and also use a text/tracked delivery system as per Wiggle.

mrhoppy

Well mines now arrived but it has taken a week. Just the Forks and Rotors from bike discount to go before I’ve got a whole bike.

cookeaa

A Week???!?!??!!!1111

stcolin
    Free Member

Ordered bits on a Tuesday for a race that coming weekend. Chose the £1.99 delivery option. Goods arrived Friday morning. I live in Northern Ireland. Last week I ordered a few items I wasn’t in a hurry for choosing the free delivery option. Arrived next day. Go figure.

stevied
    Free Member

Used the ‘next day’ option a few times and every single time the item has not arrived next day.
    Order using normal delivery and always here within 3 days of order.
    I do tend to find Merlin are a little quicker (normally next day) but I guess they are not shipping out as much stuff on a daily basis.

tomhoward

In 15 years of ordering from crc, I’ve never had to wait more than 3 days that I can remember, never paid for delivery either

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I had 2 weeks on a front mech. Chased them up, said it was ‘in process’ probably slow boat from Shimano, more like. Ordered some bits Sunday lunchtime and ‘just’ had confirmation of posting an hour ago. As long as its here for the weekend and mini TJ can go riding with his dad again !

mrhoppy

cookeaa – Member
    A Week???!?!??!!!1111

Yeah, bearing in mind I’ve had to order a whole bikes worth of parts to replace mine that got nicked before my Alps trip I’ve placed a lot of orders in the last week. CRC have taken longer than any of the other places to dispatch and for me to receive what I ordered. It’s slower than their delivery estimates of 3-4 days and considerably worse than their historical normal service. They used to be quick, at the moment ordering from Germany is quicker and in most instances cheaper. Not the end of the world yet but compared to where they were it’s a bit shit.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Yep, ordered from them as I’m off to Wales at the weekend and knew they’d be quickest, but it’s still in processing..

hooli

I find CRC delivery times depend on how badly I need the item.

If the bike is out of action until I get the part then it takes a week, if I don’t need the item urgently, it takes 2 days.

cookeaa

If ever a STW thread needed bombing with FWP Memes its this one…

chakaping
    Free Member

Ordered yesterday, arrived today (on free service).

Won’t need it for months (new spare cassette).

Life can be cruel eh?

chip
    Free Member

As said above I always use crc as they have always been consistently quicker than the competition, if this changes and someone else proves to provide a better service, I will start using them instead.

Proper impatient me.

Once I have placed my order, I need that part like a fat kid needs cake.

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

never had an issue
    The last items were ordered Friday mid morning, and arrived Saturday morning, using the free delivery option. I suppose it depends on the items ordered.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Ordered Sunday evening arrived this morning. Free delivery.

chip
    Free Member

Just received a stem from crc damaged,
    Normally I would just order another one and send the damaged one back for refund.
    But I used a £5 voucher when purchasing the first so would be out of pocket.

I rang up and explained this and was told I could still do this and they would send another £5 voucher with the replacement stem. Which was no good to me, long story short I was told the best they could do was if I return the stem then email proof of posting they would send out a new one next week.

I then suggested I order one now then when they receive the damaged one refund me the £5 and was abrubtly told no. Quite frankly I found who ever I spoke to quite rude and unhelpful.

I have been in a similar situation before and the lady I dealt with then was very accomidating and instantly emailed me a code to reorder my item.

So I am just going to send the stem back and order from someone else now, not because I will have to wait till the middle of next week but because I don’t have to ring up Ireland to be spoken to like an idiot. 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

like an idiot?

chip
    Free Member

like an idiot?

Exactly I can get that at home.

to be fair working in customer services you must get people bending your ear. And I am a bit annoyed my shiny stem is damaged and I want it replaced now this instant.

The stem in question was a raceface turbine, I ordered one the same a week before for a different bike and paid full money for that one. So if I was dishonest I could send the damaged one back with the firsts paperwork and get £5 more than I paid for it refunded but I don’t do dishonest.

tinytimbo
    Free Member

I have placed a few orders recently with the free postage option, I had a couple of orders say at processing for 2 weeks even after chasing several times. In the end I just cancelled the orders.

A few other orders processed but slowly.

However I placed an order for some brake pads on Tuesday morning ad it was sent out Wednesday.
    It really does seen to be a bit of a lottery on the free postage.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

if (for eg) you odered something on Tuesday from CRC and paid next day delivery – what is the latest time on wednesday the parcel has turned up?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Crc deliveries’ is closed to new replies.