Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • CRC clever marketing?
  • Save minus 9 percent. Wow.

brakes
    Free Member

haha! this isn’t the first time.
    their massive savings are based on RRP which they never sell at, so their marketing is a bit misleading.
    I’m really going off CRC.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

at least you got a pic of the product, not a single bed which theyve been using as their stock photo since the re-load!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    boxfish
    Free Member

I wonder how many customers they have lost since the website upgrade debacle?

jonny-m
    Free Member

I’ve gone off them too, don’t like the new website and their misleading offers,
    Merlin for me now….

Jamie
    Free Member

To be fair, they are working on the issue. Well, they sent me a questionnaire thingy to fill out last week about the new site.

robj20
    Free Member

I mainly use wiggle now, or bike-discount if they have what im after.

rocketman
    Free Member

As above long-standing customer here but simbly cba with the stupid misleading website that makes everything as difficult as it could be.

Have taken my business elsewhere it’s not as if there’s nowhere else to go.

turboferret

I can’t remember the last time I bought anything from CRC, it’s been other UK or German sites for quite some time now. Most annoying is searching for a product and it coming up in the listing, but then when you click for details it’s unavailable or discontinued. For me that would be a reason for it not to appear in a search!

Cheers, Rich

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Stopped using them when they redid the website, it just seems harder to use than it used to. If I’m in a hurry I’ll go to wiggle or if I’ve time to browse I’ll do a quick google shopping comparison and go from there..

sc-xc

I was at some industry awards do last night. They won ‘Best Customer Service Centre of the Year’ 😯

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I was at some industry awards do last night. They won ‘Best Customer Service Centre of the Year

to be fair given the massive drop off in business they have the time to give their few remaining customers stellar service now 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’m just finishing up a massive revamp of a big ecommerce site which is due to go live in the next few weeks. I occasionally wake up at night thinking that we’ve had a launch like Chain Reaction. Cold sweats territory that.

patriotpro
    Free Member

bike-discount ftw!

All the stuff i’ve bought from them have taken max 4 days to receive have been the cheapest and no oem crap just full retail packaging and spec.

Plus as a a bit of an ocd aside, the packaging has always been in perfect condition.

Very impressed.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I still use them if they have want I want for the right price – they don’t seem to be the default choice any more like they once were. I hate the new website too.

The two German shops (Rose and Bike Discount) have been excellent every time that I have used them. Cheap prices and delivery is much quicker than the likes of Cycle Surgery who are a bit rubbish at getting stuff sent out quickly.

bigrich

wiggle use lazer beams to deliver, and I also quite like evans online, as they don’t do the baggies of oem stuff approach. but also merlin and bike-discount.

crc aint the cheapest, or the quickest, and never seem to have the good stuff in; pissing off manufacturers chickens coming home to roost.

chakaping
    Free Member

I was at some industry awards do last night. They won ‘Best Customer Service Centre of the Year’

Easy to be critical, but they’ve dealt brilliantly with the problems caused by their new website* with me.

Had a refund issue the other day, rang up, nice bloke answered, apologised, promised to fix it and did it even quicker than he’d promised.

* customer services dept didn’t create the website obviosuly.

TheSanityAssassin

They seem to be selling that Limited Edition ‘Continental Maxxis Aspen’ version too – so you’d best grab a pair before the -9% discount offer ends…

plyphon
    Free Member

You always loose a certain percentage of customers when you update an ecommerce site but I cant help but feel their site has lost a little touch of what it had before.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

“A little touch” being “a massive market share”.

They used to be my go-to shop, and I’d happily browse their clearance section (sorted by discount) to find random stuff I didn’t need at 80% off oh go on then. Out of my last 10 internet orders (post site revamp) they’ve had 2, and that was as a result of google shop showing them as the cheapest, not me visiting their site. They do seem to have cleaned it up and its quicker now, but too little too late for many?

Jamie
    Free Member

and that was as a result of google shop showing them as the cheapest, not me visiting their site

I find I get this a lot when visiting through Google:

rocketman
    Free Member

their site has lost a little touch of what it had before

What it had before was the ability to browse and impulse buy. Now it’s great for finding specific stuff but hopeless for just poking around.

It’s like a huge well-stocked lbs that has all its stuff behind the counter and I have to ask an assistant every time I want to look at something. So instead of spending a few quid now and then on something I didn’t really need I just don’t go there any more.

atlaz
    Free Member

I occasionally buy from Wiggle but given I can drive to bike-discount in 2 hours in an emergency and they deliver to me in 48 hours, it’s rare. I stopped using CRC around the credit card hack time.

chakaping
    Free Member

They used to be my go-to shop, and I’d happily browse their clearance section (sorted by discount) to find random stuff I didn’t need at 80% off oh go on then. Out of my last 10 internet orders (post site revamp) they’ve had 2,

You’re extrapolating your own shopping habits to their market share? Or have you seen some figures?

They’ve been making their own TV show and sponsoring the Tour of Britain this year, so I’d have guessed they’d have taken more market share if anything.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘CRC clever marketing?’ is closed to new replies.