Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • CRC. Anatomy of a Warranty Claim
  • alexpalacefan

I’m hoping this will turn into a “aren’t CRC great” thread, let’s see…

The freehub on a pair of Easton XC One wheels failed today, I got the bike out and there was no engagement at all, spins freely in either direction. I suppose it’s been sat in the cellar for about 3 weeks since it was last ridden, when it was fine.

I bought the wheels in Oct last year, so less than a year old, and on my 2nd bike too, so not had much use.

So, I’ve e-mailed CRC today, to see what they have to say for themselves, watch this space.

APF

Rorschach
    Free Member

Stop being a fanny you big girls blouse. It takes about 5 minutes to remove/clean and lube an Easton freehub body! :0/
    Love CRC xxxx

scaredypants

sure I heard recently on here that easton hubs are famously shit

matt_outandabout

sure I heard recently on here that easton hubs are famously shit

A clear fact if ever there was.

scaredypants

no CAPS no glory, matt !

BoardinBob

I’ve had CRC replace things for me that were out of warranty with no questions asked. I didn’t even have to return the broken item. Top service in my opinion.

gordi
    Free Member

I sent back a brake which had a dodgy lever and they replaced it no questions asked.They did say they sent it back to Avid and it did take 2 weeks but better late than never.Think you will be sorted.

timbur
    Free Member

Surely WAITING for CRC to resolve it might be the appropriate way to moving things forward BEFORE posting on STW?

Maybe I’m just getting old but it’s always nice to give people a chance.

My 2p worth.

Tim

bruneep

they have just refunded my on my SDG ti saddle that was creaking like my knees.

took almost 4 weeks to get to a refund stage, they were quick to pay money into my account albeit not the full purchase amount. Sent an email asking for the balance and why the full purchase amount wasnt paid. They have since paid the outstanding amount, but no reason why the full amount wasn’t paid at the time.

alexpalacefan

Timbur, I am waiting, that’s why there are no negative comments in my original post!

Rorschach, I was under the impression it was non-serviceable, and expensive. If it’s a quick fix, that’s a different kettle of fish. Link to a how-to?

APF

tomd
    Free Member

I sent back a shimano wheel with dodgy freehub to CRC a couple of months ago. It took a fair amount of chasing, and about 4 weeks as they sent it to Shimano but got it back in the end repaired FOC under warranty. It wasn’t a huge deal as it was on a second bike but would have been a PITA if it was off my only bike.

DezB
    Free Member

My experiences – road wheel buckled, hub cracked when lbs tried to straighten it … 6 months old, but Crc replaced the hub.
    Mate had some new wheels left in a stupid place by postie, got nicked … CRC sent him a new pair.

metal_leg
    Free Member

18 month old kenesis virsa frame replaced under warranty. Offered full refund or replacement of similar value. Got the virsa 2 with a new hope headset in my hands within a week. Top service.

walleater

A clear fact if ever there was.

Well, in the quote marks below is a life-size impression of the bearings used in an Easton hub:

“.”

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I had a 10month old cassette replaced under warrantee – some of the rings were worn.

FuzzyWuzzy

Meh I know ‘interesting’ isn’t a requirement for a thread on STW but puuurleeeease – posting a thread about this already? Far more useful if you just waited and shared your experience at the end, I have enough shite threads to read on here whilst procrastinating at work without ‘running commentary’ type threads appearing to.

stevede
    Free Member

One of my point one podium pedals had its bearings fail after about 6 months, I emailed them to say I wasn’t happy with that lifespan for a set of premium priced pedals, I sent them back for assessment and they refunded me in full. Can’t say fairer than that.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Are you a school Headmistress by any chance?

Pointless thread +1

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘CRC. Anatomy of a Warranty Claim’ is closed to new replies.