Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • CRB Checks
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

Here’s a random one out of curiosity.
    I got arrested but wasn’t charged on my stag night as I had been stripped naked(lucky me huh!!).
    Does anyone have any ideas if I would fail a CRB check because of this???

flatfish
    Free Member

Did you recieve a caution?
    How long ago was it?

andy7t2
    Free Member

if you were not charged then no

Not sure if you recieved a caution, i thought they were only held on local records not the national database

c
    Free Member

Depends what job you’re being crb’d for. A lot of places crb and then for most stuff can use discretion when hiring.
    I would have thought (given the circumstances of your ‘crime’) that even if you had been cautioned they wouldn’t not hire you for it if you explained!

Surely?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I was on a course recently with a few guys and we all had to have crb checks in relation to this. A couple admitted to some criminal histories which they thought would effect their crb checks. It didnt.

TBH why would the fact that you were caught naked on your stag doo have any bearing on your ability to be around kids? The world has gone mad if it did.

Unless of course you were caught running around a childcare nursery in the middle of the day and werent really on a stag do 😉

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Sorry i assumed the crb was in relation to kids

Legoman
    Free Member

AFAIK you don’t pass or fail the check, it merely returns details of any records against your name. It’s then up to whoever has asked you for it to judge whether you’re acceptible to them.

Doubt it would record anything you weren’t charged with, but the records do go back a loooong way. Guy I know (in his early 40’s)had one done recently and was surprised it turned up his one-and-only brush with the law from when he was a teenager!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No

If you were not charged or cautioned then you are OK

avdave2

if you were not charged then no

If you were not charged or cautioned then you are OK

Have a listen to, if you can bear it, you and yours from today on the i-player. They covered the case of a teacher who can no longer teach due to allegations made against him. He was spoken to by the police but not charged or cautioned.

amt27
    Free Member

IIRC when you sign a CRB check form, you are declaring all criminal activity you have committed, if you do not declare what you have been up to then you have lied to the people who have requested you have a CRB, making you look dishonest,

monkeychild
    Free Member

Cheers all. Was thinking if it would affect me if I wanted to go into teaching or helping out with stuff my son does when hes older etc etc.

rondo101
    Free Member

It depends on the level of the CRB check and there are 3 different kinds.

Level 1 shows unspent convictions/cautions (although cautions are now spent as soon as issued).
    Level 2 shows all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, spent or unspent.
    The super-enhanced CRB check will have the same along with details of any contact you’ve had with the police, whether charged or not. This one is reserved for people applying for jobs with children & vunerable adults though.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Also depends on what you were arrested for? What offence? outraging public decency? section 5 public order? drunk and disorderly?

Xylene
    Free Member

It depends on the level of the CRB check and there are 3 different kinds.

Level 1 shows unspent convictions/cautions (although cautions are now spent as soon as issued).
    Level 2 shows all convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings, spent or unspent.
    The super-enhanced CRB check will have the same along with details of any contact you’ve had with the police, whether charged or not. This one is reserved for people applying for jobs with children & vunerable adults though.

Again though they aren’t that accurate on the enhanced. I know of several people who don’t have their previous cautions show up on enhanced CRB’s

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘CRB Checks’ is closed to new replies.