Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Crazy work situation
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

Who wouldn’t want to learn some new skills?

I’m a PICK programmer, 15 years ago I got trained on Cognos BI tools then shortly afterwards was made redundant. Next job didn’t need the Cognos skills so I’ve completely forgotten them, which is a shame as they would’ve been useful when I was again made redundant in March this year. Luckily for me there is still one large PICK user in commutable distance so here I am again doing PICK and nothing else – but contracting now. If I can spin this one out for another ten- fifteen years that’ll do for me but if I have to change again I’ll be up yon creek sans paddle

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Who Dares Wins.

br
    Free Member

Who wouldn’t want to learn some new skills?

Due to been typecast in a dying language/industry? Especially when you can choose otherwise. Power to the people 🙂

solamanda
    Free Member

Spending 9 months learning a dying trade and then doing it full time is not a good idea in my book. Also when you’re not getting wide enough experience to use it elsewhere.

footflaps

Saturdays _and_ Sundays?The bastards.

I know, I’d never work somewhere which was so slack as to give you the whole WE off every week….

john_drummer
    Free Member

Spending 9 months learning a dying trade and then doing it full time is not a good idea in my book. Also when you’re not getting wide enough experience to use it elsewhere.

I must have missed the bit about the dying trade. My trade is so niche I wasn’t even aware that SAS was dying. It’s new-fangled to me

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Crazy work situation’ is closed to new replies.