Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Crazy kids on bikes
  • Pigface
    Free Member

I was at home on Sunday seeing friends in Risca when talk came around to kids doing wheelies on their bikes in the roads, apparently it is quite a phenomena, my mates wife reckoned she saw about 5 kids wheelieing and holding up traffic on Forge Lane 😯 that is pretty nuts. Everyone there said kids regularly doing it in Risca

It seems the Valleys have spawned their own 12 0’clock boys scene. 😆 bicycles not motorbikes

I am jealous as can’t wheelie to save my life 🙁

yunki
    Free Member

We were in London a couple of weeks back and were held up from crossing the road from St James’ Park to Horseguards by a group of about 40 or 50 kids in trackies on a variety of mtbs wheelying along the road erratically, whooping and cheering

martinhutch

The unfairness of local scrotes having the genetic mutation which allows effortless wheelying is a UK-wide phenomena.

freeagent
    Free Member

Yep same in our village – groups of 10-15 kids, all on slightly oversized Carrera MTBs, popping huge wheelies down the middle of the road – this is causing traffic chaos as they’ve brought busses to a standstill.

copa
    Free Member

Have a google of ‘BikeLife’.
    Seems popular in Cardiff at the moment.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Absolute mayhem in Leeds last night. About 50 scrotes on quad bikes, scooters, off-road and road motorbikes tearing up & down several roads, pavements and pedestrian areas without regard for the rules of the road for several hours. Police powerless

piha
    Free Member

Its just a few nippers having a bit of fun, nobody got hurt, so fair do’s to them.

*wish I could wheelie*

deadkenny
    Free Member

Taken me 40 years to learn to wheelie. Even then I’m no good at it.

aracer
    Free Member

The thing is, it’s not particularly hard if you’ve got sufficient time and motivation to learn, as these kids clearly do. I write this not because I can wheelie, but because I can ride a unicycle and it seems the amount of skill required is similar (not necessarily the same skill – I thought maybe I’d be able to wheelie now, but still as rubbish as before, though I suspect if I put my mind to it the skills would be fairly transferable). It probably doesn’t take them much more than a week if they keep at it.

simon_g

Thought I’d bump this rather than a new thread – good article from Huck magazine about this scene in London.

http://www.huckmagazine.com/ride/bikes/bikestormz-movement-cycling-bikelife-survival-london/

(h/t the Morvelo email)

I was on a bus in Lewisham a few months ago with an increasingly irate driver beeping away at a couple of kids casually wheelying their way down the high street. They were bloody good at it too.

bodgy
    Free Member

This thread reads like the Letters to Editor page of the Geriatric Times.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Absolute mayhem in Leeds last night. About 50 scrotes on quad bikes, scooters, off-road and road motorbikes tearing up & down several roads, pavements and pedestrian areas without regard for the rules of the road for several hours. Police powerless

A few nicely hidden stinger patrols followed up with a taser or two would sort that. However that won’t be allowed!

jonba
    Free Member

They should just call it a critical mass event and get more widespread report. I’m also jealous of the ability to wheelie more than a few meters.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

It was only a few years ago (more like 20) that it was me doing wheelies down the high street and riding over picnic benches in the park. I’m sure I’m not the only one on here who wishes I could still do that and hates the yoofs for being able to.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Chav skill number one, rydin wit no hands bruv, closely followed by the infinite wheelie.

johnx2
    Free Member

Taken me 40 years to learn to wheelie. Even then I’m no good at it.

Bragging: “I can wheelie”.

jealous of the ability to wheelie more than a few meters.

Really bragging: “I can wheelie for a few meters”.

(I blame the spds)

bodgy
    Free Member

Here you go, ladies; a solution:

[/url]

deadkenny
    Free Member

Surrey Hills it’s the 30-40-somethings doing the wheelies 😀

(except me as I never learnt how to do them)

Ro5ey
    Free Member

A track suited young scamp, sporting a funny little satchel thing, pulled a wonderful wheelie next to me this morning as I was driving on a major road toward sunny Brentwood.

I was more interested in which type of crap MTB he was riding than worry about whether he’d fall off into my path. Not because I’d wish for that to happen but just knew that there was no chance of him coming off … he was too skilled.

Bit scary thinking back on it now mind.

orangespyderman

I had a group of 4 or 5 idiots wheelie along the pavement and road to the station the other day on Velib’s (Boris bikes). They were shockingly good at it.

stewartc
    Free Member

I share the same trails in HK as the Meek Boyz, never mind wheelies, my lardy middle age frame cant even cope with the drops and jumps these kids are doing!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Somehow made me think of…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMLCrzy9TEs[/video]

bianchiboy
    Free Member

Yep this here Brentwood is full of them…never mind schools back in a couple of weeks!

kormoran
    Free Member

Same in Leith tonight, bunch of loons on Gordon’s wheelying in a massive way down the road at dusk. Proper full height wheelies too, not those limp power ones that veer off to one side

scuttler

Flippin love that – what a mix up of kids.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj2g53u7Ooc[/video]

They can wheelie better than I could imagine but at least one of them can’t ride steps for shit which is bizarrely reassuring (down at Wembley).

Would be great to see what these lads could do on the hills – now there’s a Singletrack project/article.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Heading out to trails tonight, big group of kids heading out on bikes, thinking cool. Heading back come across kids on road in dark swerving in the road with zero lights, nothing bright, but shitty bikes do have pedal reflectors, so that was enough to stop me running them over. Can’t say they were wheelying though. Guys in car park, much older however, doing wheelies.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Rad, even if it doesn’t go anywhere it’s great to see people creating their own scene within cycling.

TheBrick
    Free Member

+1 its scenes like this that gives birth to new moments and give lots of kids something. Positive to focus on.

It has been bmx and skateboard in the past, with everyone screaming how recless and uncouth these boys were. People will get hurt but less than the people who get hurt when young men fight. Some will stay with bikes and other will not but it’s still good positive focus.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Crazy kids on bikes’ is closed to new replies.