Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Crazy ebay dealings
  • weeksy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171417696180?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Was chatting via mail to this bloke last night… sent him an offer of £170 which I thought was reasonable…

He replied stating it was worth more @ £190…

I replied to that say “sorry, that’s as good as it gets from me”

Reply…. “****”

Seriously ? LOL middle of a negotiation and that’s the reply ? I had to laugh out loud … I just found it really funny.

cloudnine
    Free Member

click on BIN.. dont pay. String along and wind him up.. wait till he gets even more sweary then report to ebay.. 😈

cookeaa

I think He saved you from yourself there, No way I’d have offered £170 for that bike…

But yeah ebay is awash with bellendery these days…

KonaTC

Counter offer of £150

EDIT: Added to my watch list and will ask a bone question tonight. How many gears are there? or Does it have hydroulic breaks? (SP errors on purpose) 🙂

weeksy

No Cookeaa ?

I’m sitting and torn beyond words on WTF to do/buy at the moment for both a pending trip (road/XC/bridleway) and a winter training bike..

I have absolutely no idea what to get.

Was thinking about buying something else for the trip to save having my £3000 Commencal lying round on the back of the car for the trip etc.

Halfords | Carrera TDF Limited Edition Mens Road Bike 2014 – 54cm

This was/is topping the list, tried it out in the Halfords by work and fits nicely… is a good affordable price… Also takes up less space as this one would live in my car for now.

It would obviously be a good winter training tool, assuming I used it of course…

Second on the list is a £200 used bike, just to use and not really worry about, again, it could 2nd as a winter bike to use and abuse.

Something like this Specialized Hardrock, 21″ Large, With Manual!!! | eBay Specialized Hardrock

Final option is one I almost got a couple of weeks back, the Pinnacle Ramin from Evans.

Pinnacle Ramin One 2014 29er Mountain Bike | Evans Cycles

Out of the 3 I can see the use for any of them, both for this trip and overall use… but I dunno.

the-muffin-man

It won’t sell at £200 so just keep it in your watch list. It will be re-listed several times probably ending up at £150 anyway when it doesn’t sell! Then offer £140.

weeksy

the-muffin-man – Member

It won’t sell at £200 so just keep it in your watch list. It will be re-listed several times probably ending up at £150 anyway when it doesn’t sell

Time constraints mate… if I don’t buy something today, then when my mate comes over later I can’t give him my MetaAM29 to store for a few weeks while I’m away (House viewings). So it’s either today, or nothing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

refreshing honesty from the ebay seller 🙂 it’s what we all want to type when another one offers less…

cookeaa

The seller has put new brakes and forks on an old Carrera, its a good frame but they’re as common as muck, the Child seat connector on the head tube tells me this bike is a general hack, plus the guys attitude tells me He’s not someone you want to deal with…

How tight are your time constraints?

Ordering online, new or used you’re adding the uncertainty of Parcel Farce delivery to your list of potential worries, or else there’s making the pick up, could it be time to just go have a look in the bricks and mortar stores of some of these chains? Halfords/Evans/Decathlon? (assuming they’re local) look up the online prices and go armed with that information (Halfords especially are quite good at not marking down shop floor bikes)

IMO the Pinnacle looks like the best for what you describe winter hack and holiday pootling, its simple and easier to look after, but obviously its the priciest…

Do you really want a road bike? I have a Carrera Road bike and while its been fine the wheels will fold as soon as you look at them…

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’ve offered him £150…. 😈

weeksy

How tight are your time constraints?

I need to decide today… but I don’t need the actual bike till Fri.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’ve offered him £150….

Hehe

Dobbo

Never trust anyone selling a bike that has the seat at that angle.

bigyinn
    Free Member

His reply

A offer closer to the asking price would be appreciated, was £400 new it’s not stolen bike that’s cheap as chips it’s in good nick I thought not bad value honest bike! 😉

Shane 😉
    Doesnt seem to be so abusive now.

weeksy

LOL it would appear I caught him at a bad time or he didn’t like my answers.

DezB
    Free Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carrera-Am-Fury-18-High-Spec-Xt-Lx-/231303733842?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item35dac6e252

Made I LOL.

I won a Kracken frame only for £10 on eBay few years ago.. nice frame really.

weeksy

Made I LOL.

I won a Kracken frame only for £10 on eBay few years ago.. nice frame really.

He had it advertised recently at £230, so I assume £2000 was a typo

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I replied to that say “sorry, that’s as good as it gets from me”

Reply…. “****”

Seriously ? LOL middle of a negotiation and that’s the reply ? I had to laugh out loud … I just found it really funny.

Doesn’t sound like the middle of a negotiation to me.

He asks for 200, you offer £170, he moves to £190, you refuse to budge and say that was you final offer. Negotiation over.

Bye!

weeksy
    weeksy

boom, forget it… way over where I wanna be now.

martinhutch

Besides, I’m not sure that was a 21″. Look at it compared with that garden chair it’s propped on! 🙂

stenhousemuir
    Free Member

I just sent him a message asking what colour it is 😉

codybrennan
    Free Member

The £2000 thing is just to get potential buyers to send him offers. Gets to canvas what it might be worth.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Crazy ebay dealings’ is closed to new replies.