Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Crash/insurance question
  • beefheart
    Free Member

This morning a white van man crashed into my car and put a huge dent in it.
    He was way over on my side of the road as we came around a bend, and I have photos of his tyre marks in the snow to prove it.
    He claimed he had no way to stop, but surely this is because he was going too fast for the road conditions (couple of cm of snow).
    Anyway, it was a work van and he claimed not to know who the insurer was, and only gave me the company name and address.
    I spoke to a receptionist first thing this morning, who said he would get a manager to phone me back and I’ve heard nothing.
    Just phoned again (6 hours later), and was told managers were all in meetings. I was told he didn’t know if they’d be able to phone me back today.
    Feel like I’m being fobbed off, as I don’t have the driver’s name or the insurer.
    I gave my details, so I’m also worried they are processing the claim against me before I have chance to provide evidence to support my side.

I reported it the police this morning, but they weren’t interested in details as nobody was hurt and they were satisfied that details had been exchanged (there was no phone reception where it occurred, so couldn’t get him to phone his employer).
    Do I just need to be patient or should I speak to the police again?

legend
    Free Member

You just need to phone your insurance company (sooner rather than later!) and let them crack on with it – it’s what you pay them for.

beefheart
    Free Member

The thing is I want make a 3rd party claim on their insurance, not mine- as I was not at fault.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Inform your Insurance company – they can usually obtain Insurance information from the registration. Just ensure that you make it clear to your insurance company that you are not admitting any degree of fault or liability and that you wish to make a claim against the other vehicles insurance.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Its not your job to chase, as they all have said tell your insurance company and they will track the details

The thing is I want make a 3rd party claim on their insurance, not mine- as I was not at fault.

forget this, let the insurers sort it out. Its based on facts. You took photos etc let them have it. They will send you forms to fill in etc to tell them what happened

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Crash/insurance question’ is closed to new replies.