Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Crashing
  • chrismac

Currently nursing a broken hand after a bars/tree at speed incident. Did it the weekend before easter and seeing consultant tomorrow. Hoping to be allowed back on the bike after this appointment, Im getting fed up with being grounded now the weather is improving.

colinpm1
    Free Member

About 3years ago took myself to Dalby on my own having never been before.crashed twice in the space of an hour. 1) slow speed OTB when front wheel disappeared into a rut (think Endo, but with more forward momentum). Landed on outstretched arm immediately thought wrist had busted as arm gone completely numb. Ten mins to gather my thoughts, arm still tingling and got back on bike. Carried on but still not much sensation in arm which resulted in 2) higher speed OTB on a berm. Landed on same outstretch arm only this time can’t lift it up afterwards. Walk of shame back to trail head and help from a couple of other chaps to get bike back into car. Drive home in agony but being a typical bloke neck a couple of neurofen piggy backed with paracetamol, pain gone.

Fast forward 12hrs and am sat in A&E, shoulder basically a giant bruise and massively swollen. Diagnosis was dislocated ACJ, undisplaced fracture of collar bone, and ligament damage. 4 months off the bike and now have a odd bump in my shoulder. Still can’t lie in my right side and pain when lifting my arm above shoulder level.

Only other off was a daft one on a wet rock at CYB , no damage to me but killed bike!!

Goldigger
    Free Member

I got stung by some fresh stinging nettles on the lower legs…
    Considering selling all my bikes, or I could just buy some trousers or longer socks..decisions decisions.!

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Crashing’ is closed to new replies.